Bean spread, bean dip, vegan spread or whatever you want to call it. No matter what the name, this vegan bean spread recipe is so delicious. I almost feel like I’m cheating on hummus with this one. It’s so creamy, rich and oh so tasty. Loaded with protein packed white beans, sundried tomatoes and a little bit of chili.
I pretty much can’t get enough of this recipe. I use this bean spread in sandwiches, put it in wraps, use it as a dip with veggie sticks and nachos and I even slather it on pizzas. It’s so amazing on everything and adds a layer of savory creaminess that I love.
Try it in a sandwich instead of hummus, use it as a dip or give my amazing vegan roasted eggplant pizza a try.
Another thing I love about this recipe, is how easy it is. It’s less than 5 ingredients (because spices and water doesn’t count) and it’s pretty healthy too. I like to add nutritional yeast in mine – but that is completely up to you. I just adore that cheesy flavor of the nutritional yeast, but it’s also amazing without it. The bean spread is naturally creamy and rich and feels like a decadent treat.
What’s great about this 5 Ingredient Amazing Bean Dip recipe:
- Super easy to make
- Less than 5 ingredients (not counting spices and water)
- Vegan, gluten free, soy free and nut free
- A true crowdpleaser – put it on the table and it will be eaten in minutes
How is it made:
It couldn’t be any simpler. Because I like simple, easy and accessible food that won’t take a million years to cook, of course this recipe is just that. Super easy and quick to make.
Just rinse and drain the cannelini beans and throw them into a blender or food processor along with all the ingredients. Blend until everything is smooth and combined – and you’re done. Easy as that and only takes a few minutes.
5 Ingredient Amazing Bean Spread
- 1 15-oz can Cannelini Beans or small white beans Rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup Walnuts (optional) Chopped
- 8 Sundried Tomato halves Oil Packed
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast Optional
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the beans into a blender with all the other ingredients and blend until everything is smooth and combined.
- Scrape the bean spread into an airtight container and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.