Breakfast doesn’t get much easier than this quick and easy vegan granola yoghurt breakfast bowl. It’s super simple and accessible and barely takes 5 minutes to make.
There’s nothing like starting your morning with a healthy breakfast loaded with flavors – imagine cool creamy yoghurt, juicy apples, fresh zesty lemon juice, sweet and dark date paste all brought together by crunchy granola. It’s so good and so easy.
What’s great about this Easy Vegan Granola Yoghurt Breakfast Bowl:
- Super quick and easy to make
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals – Lots of extra vintamins, minrals and fiber from the lemon juice, apples and date paste
- Healthy and will keep you full for longer
- Kids and adults alike love it
- Doesn’t require pre-planning
- Tastes amazing – fresh, sweet, creamy and crunchy all at once
When it comes to granola, I’m torn. I sometimes make my own and it always tastes amazing…but there’s also some really great granola options at the supermarkets – and they speak to my inherently lazy side. I would guess that I probably do half and half. If I’m feeling a little extra, I will make my own granola in the weekend so I have enough for the week…but otherwise I just get a healthy granola from the supermarket. The results are great no matter what so it’s up to you what you prefer.
I like to use date paste in my breakfast bowls to add a little extra sweetness while still being healthy. Actually, it might just be an ideal sugar substitute. It’s super easy to make (especially this recipe which eliminates the need for overnight soaking) and it’s amazing as a healthy sugar substitute in cakes, muffins, overnight oats and breakfast bowls. It has a deep and slightly dark sugary taste that I adore – and I love that it’s a guilt free choice.
I can add it to my breakfast bowls and completely avoid refined sugar while still getting a taste of decadent sweetnes. It doesn’t get much better in my book.
I usually like to make it in advance and always have a jar of this ready to go in my fridge. It makes breakfasts a whole lot quicker. Alternatively, you can buy it in the supermarket or just leave it out of this recipe entirely…but I’m telling you, it’s worth adding to your everyday life.
What’s great about dates:
They are packed with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fiber – and they keep you full and energized for longer. Plus, they add a taste of sinful sugar that I crave. Yum!
Vegan Granola Yoghurt Breakfast Bowl
- ¾ cup Plant Yoghurt
- ½ cup Granola
- ½ Apple Grated
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Date Paste Optional
- 5 Fresh Mint Leaves Chopped
Date Paste Recipe (makes 1 cup)
- 1 cup Dates Seeds removed
- ½ cup Very Hot Water
Making the Date Paste
- Pour the dates into a bowl and cover with very hot water. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes. Pour the dates plus the liquid into a blender and blitz until it's smooth and combined. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
Making the Breakfast Bowl
- Pour yoghurt into a bowl and swivel a spoonful of date paste through the yoghurt. Top with the grated apple and squeeze lemon juice over.
- Finally, add granola and mint leaves and serve. Enjoy.