Get ready for a creamy, rich and oh so delicious vegan cookie dough ice cream. If you’ve been dreaming about a vegan version of cookie dough ice cream, then this recipe has come to answer your prayers.
This amazing vegan cookie dough ice cream is vegan, Gluten-free, dairy-free and so deliciously creamy.
Think creamy, cooling ice cream filled with chocolate and the most amazing cookie dough you can imagine. It’s so good!
For me, summer and ice cream go hand in hand. Nothing says relaxation and vacation mode like delicious cooling ice cream – and in particular cookie dough ice cream.
I admit to being an obsessed, crazy, over-the-top ice cream fan (did someone say addict?). I crave the stuff. And my very favorite ice cream is, of course, Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream. But I really wanted to see if I could come up with my own vegan homemade Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
That’s why I made it my mission to create the best vegan cookie dough ice cream ever. That way I can eat it guilt free, and overindulge as much as I want.
If you’re a die hard ice cream fan like me, you probably already own your very own ice cream machine. But, I know not everyone does (gasp!).
Just to be safe, I have included two different ways of making this recipe. One with an ice cream machine as well as a no-ice cream machine version. Both turn out equally well – it just takes a little longer to make the no-ice cream machine version. The taste is the same, though…and believe me, it’s all worth it!
What’s great about this recipe:
- As super tasty and luxurious crowd pleaser – ideal for summer parties, kids parties and everything else
- Easy to make and can be made in advance
- Kinda healthy
Creamy Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1½ tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
For The Ice Cream
- 1 400 ml can Coconut Milk Full-fat
- ⅔ cup Cane Sugar
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chopped
Making the Cookie Dough
- For safety, toast the flour at 350F for 10 minutes to begin with. Add the almond flour and coconut flour to a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Stir in the coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, almond milk and salt and mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Next, mix in the chocolate chips and put the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool. Form the cookie dough into small balls and put them back in the freezer while the ice cream is made. Tip: You can eat the cookie dough as is at this stage if you have a cookie dough craving
Making the Ice Cream (Ice cream machine)
- Ice cream machine instructions Pour the coconut milk, cane sugar, and vanilla extract into a high speed blender and blend until smooth (should be 1-2 minutes) Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let it churn for 30 minutes or per the ice cream manufacturer's instructions. When the ice cream is ready (it should have a soft ice like texture), quickly mix in chocolate chips and the cookie dough balls. Put the ice cream in a sealed container and freeze for 3-5 hours or until the ice cream has the right ice cream texture. Without Ice Cream machine Instructions
Making the Ice Cream (without Ice Cream Machine)
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight. Pour coconut milk, cane sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla into a blender and blend until everything is combined. Pour all the ice cream into a sealed container and freeze for 5-6 hours. For the very best results, remember to stir the ice cream a few times while it freezes to make it extra fluffy and creamy. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it thaw until it's soft enough to scoop. Scoop al the ice cream into a blender and blend quickly. It should now have a soft ice consistency. When the ice cream is ready (it should have a soft ice like texture), quickly mix in chocolate chips and the cookie dough balls. Put the ice cream in a sealed container and freeze for 3-5 hours or until the ice cream has the right ice cream texture.