If you’re like me, then you love everything cake, chocolate and nuts. This delicious Chocolate muffins with nuts recipe combine all those things into a very easy to cook recipe.
I will be honest – I could actually eat these muffins for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are the ideal afternoon treat, when you’re just winding down from a busy day with a cup of tea or coffee.
This is also a brilliant recipe for those times where you get last minute guests. Mostly all of the ingredients can always be found in our cupboards. And because they are so quick and easy to make, they have become my go-to emergency cake recipe.
What’s great about this recipe:
- These tasty muffins are so quick and easy to make
- can be made in a hurry and always tastes amazing
- it’s a crowd pleaser
- few ingredients
- Packed with delicious chocolate and nuts
- They can be pre-made and frozen
If you’re feeling adventurous, or have nut allergies, you can always switch the nuts for a different type or even substitude with berries.
I like to play around with these – It works so well as a great basic recipe that you can keep adding more ingredients to. Add whatever berries or nuts you want and sprinkle a little extra brown sugar or chocolate on top before baking.
You can do no wrong.
These are also great to make in advance and freeze for later.
Chocolate muffins with nuts
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter Melted
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts Chopped
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Start by cracking the eggs and putting them into a bowl. Next, add the sugar and whisk eggs and sugar quickly together, until they are fluffy and whitish.Gently stir in coconut flour, regular flour, vanilla powder and baking powder and stir gently until everything is combined.Add the nuts and chocolate chips into the dough and pour into 10-12 muffinforms. Bake at 400 Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes or until they are ready. Keep a watchful eye as every oven is different, and you don’t want them to get dry.