Do you like creamy and rich risotto? Then this vegan Mushroom Risotto is for you.
I absolutely adore this recipe. It’s quick, easy and guaranteed to be creamy and delicious every time. Get ready for a super easy weeknight meal that’s a bit of a one pot miracle in a bowl.
This recipe is so seriously easy, like almost imbarrasingly easy, but so good that you can even serve it for guests. It’s oh so creamy and cheesy thanks to the nutritional yeast. And it’s packed with flavors from the mushrooms that’s matched with the tart freshness of white wine. It’s a true match made in heaven (sigh – I’m getting cravings just writing about this…I think I’ll have to whip this up for tonights dinner).
Anyways, let’s talk about all the health benefits that’s in this dish. It’s not only delicious, it’s also loaded with vitamins from nutritional yeast, the fresh herbs and the mushrooms. It’s a full-score dish!
I love how the nutritional yeast brigns out that creamy and cheesy flavor that I think makes a risotto that little bit extra. However, if you don’t have nutritional yeast at hand, this dish also works without it. Risotto rice are naturally creamy, you just won’t get that extra cheesy hit of flavor – but it’s still a very tasty dish. Also, if you don’t have white wine vinegar at hand, you can always leave it out or sunstitute it with lemon juice. I’ve tried making it in all imaginable ways possible – Without white wine, white wine vinegar and so on – and it’s good no matter what.
But this recipe here, is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE version… It’s so unbelievably good!
This amazing recipe is all:
- Vegetarian and vegan
- and completely amazingly creamy
Creamy Mushroom Risotto (Vegan)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots or 1 onion Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic Minced
- 7 oz Mushrooms Thinly sliced
- 1 cup Risotto Rice Uncooked
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- ½ cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 8 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the shallots and let them cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Add in the minced garlic and cook at medium-low heat until the onions are softened.
- Next, stir in the rinsed and sliced mushrooms and let them cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the risotto rice and cover with the vegetable broth, white wine vinegar and the white wine. Bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer. Let it cook for approximately 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed, add the nutritional yeast and mix until everything is combined. Stir in the fresh basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!