This easy summer salad, or should I call it salsa, is one of my go-to recipes in the summer. It’s full of flavours – Sweetness, freshness and alltogether deliciousness coming together in one very simple salsa.
One of the things I absolutely LOVE about summer – apart from the weather and all the other good stuff – is all the bountiful fruits and berries. I usually try to cook with the seasonal produce, so for me summer means loading up on all my favorites before the next season.
Fruit salsa is definitely a favorite of mine. I just can’t get enough. And this fresh and sweet easy nectarine salsa is so simple and quick to make that it’s sure to become one of your favorites too.
I always dish up with loads of different fruit salsas whenever I have a barbeque or entertain during the summer. They are true crowdpleasers.
This fruit salsa is like flavour heaven. It combines the sweetness and freshness from the soft and juicy nectarines with the slight tartness from the lemons – not to mention the extra punch of heat from the chilis. It’s almost like getting to eat dessert for dinner, because it’s just so satisfying.
I love using this fresh nectarine salsa as a side to anything barbequed – it enhances all the flavors. Just try it with my easy pea nuggets, grilled protobello mushrooms or kidney bean skewers – you won’t regret it. So good!
What’s great about this Easy Nectarine Salsa:
- Super quick and simple to make – you can make it a few hours in advance and keep it cool until serving. Because of the natural firmness of the nectarines, it tastes just as great after a couple of hours.
- It’s packed with all the flavors – sweetness, freshness and a little extra spice. Yum!
- It goes great with everything – use it as a side for anything that’s barbequed, make it with pea nuggets, and the list goes on.
- If you’re struggling to get your kids to eat their greens, then this healthy salsa is what you’ve been looking for.
- The juicy nectarines helps keep you hydrated on those hot summer days
Easy Nectarine Salsa
- 4 Ripe Nectarine (or alternatively Peaches)
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- ½ Mild Red Chili Finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce
- Rinse the nectarines and cut them into halves. Remove the pits and cut the nectarines into ½ inch chunks. Finely chop the mild chili pepper and add it to the nectarines. Season with juice, salt and sweet and sour chili sauce, and stir everything together. Chop the fresh basil and stir it into the salsa. Keep cool until serving.