Are you ready for a super easy recipe that’s a real crowdpleaser? Then you want to save this Delicious Pea Nuggets recipe.
It’s the easiest and simplest recipe to make; you only need 5 ingredients + seasoning – it doens’t get any easier.
These pea nuggets are amazing – golden and crispy on the outside, yet soft and almost a little creamy on the inside. You won’t believe how good they are until you try them.
I created this recipe when I was craving a healthy meat subsistute that I could add to anything. It had to be simple and quick to make, require as little work as possible and be high in protein.
Because I also want to satisfy my tastebuds, they are loaded with all the flavours. Get ready for sweetness from the peas, sundried tomatoes and the sweet and sour chili sauce. The chili adds a bit of hotness – you can choose how hot you want your nuggets to be by adding mild or hot chili sauce (I’m a wimp about hot foods, so I prefer a mild chili).
Everything about these vegan “chicken” nuggets are easy. Just pour all the ingredients into a bowl and use a blender to mix everything together. It doen’t get simpler than that.
You can always add extra flavors if you want – I like to mix these up and add fresh mint leaves or thyme.
What’s great about this Delicious Pea Nuggets recipe:
- Soft and mushy on the inside and golden and crispy on the outside
- Only 5 ingredients
- Super easy to make – Just put everything into a bowl, blend it together and they are ready to cook
- Amazing for meal prep – cook them and freeze them for later
- Loaded with proteins and vitamins and minerals
Serve these golden nuggets with salads (Nectarine Salsa, quinoa salad, Black Bean Crisp salad, Greek Style Salad etc., or use them to dip, put them in sandwiches – the list goes on.
Gluten free alternative:
Because meat alternatives also need a substitute for eggs to bind everything together, I have used oatmeal, flour and breadcrumbs (although the breadcrumbs are mostly to make them more crispy on the outside).
For a gluten free alternative, you can substitute the oatmeal and flour for psyllium husks and use almond flour instead of breadcrumbs. It will change the texture and taste a little, but they will still be amazing.
Delicious Pea Nuggets (Vegan Chicken nuggets)
- ⅔ cup Frozen Peas
- 2 tbsp Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce
- 4 tbsp Rolled oats
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 2 Whole Sundried tomatoes Chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pour all of the ingredients together into a bowl and blend until everything is mixed (but go ahead and leave a few of the peas whole). Using a spoon, form the pea mix into small nuggets. Cook them in oil on a pan at medium high temperature until the nuggets golden. Serve right away or save for later. They are great with quinoa salad, Black Beans Crisp salad, as a meat substitute in sandwiches, and anything else you can think of.
If you want to add even more flavor to the nuggets, you can add garlic as well. For a more decadent non-vegan version, try adding 1/4 cup crated parmesan to the pea mix. It will make them even more creamy on the inside, and extra crispy and golden on the outside.