A super fresh, super easy, and oh so delicious 3-ingredients lemon and rosemary pasta recipe. Loaded with tangy lemon, tender spaghetti soaked in a creamy sauce and topped with lots of fresh herbs. It’s a simple, ready in 20 minutes dinner that proves delicious doesn’t have to be complicated.Jump to Recipe
Mmm pasta. More to the point, delicious 3-ingredients leeks, lemon, and rosemary pasta. We’re working with soft Caramelized leeks, chewy pasta bathed in creamy fresh and rich coconut milk lemon sauce all topped with rosemary and ground pepper. It’s super simple, toss-together in 20 minutes, lifesaver vegan dinner recipe. Think amazingly warm and comforting. It’s just as good served cold. There’s nothing this easy vegan pasta dinner can’t do.
If you adore pasta this recipe is what you need. It’s:
- Tender pasta bathed in a silky lemony sauce
- Quick, ready in just 20-minutes spaghetti recipe
- A super tasty last-minute pasta that will swoop in like a superhero to save your last-minute dinner plans
- Silky creamy vegan pasta sauce
- Lots of flavors
- A budget-friendly vegan dinner
All you need to make 3-ingredients leeks, lemon, and rosemary pasta
- Pasta of your choice
- 1 can coconut milk or other plant milk of your choice
- 1 leek, sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 bunch rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper to taste
- That’s it. Easy, simple, and mouthwatering.
Ready in a 20-minutes vegan creamy pasta recipe
Lemony, creamy, silky, luxe, and incredibly simple to make. This easy vegan lemon pasta is a weeknight savior. It takes 20-minutes to make, only requires very few ingredients, and it’s ideal as a last-minute I-forgot-to-buy-groceries-and-plan-dinner recipe. It’s saved my dinner plans more than once…and because it’s so creamy and delicious no one ever realized this recipe came into the world as a delicious creation created in last-minute desperation.
Reasons you need to make this vegan lemon black pepper pasta:
It’s a full-flavored, lemony, silky, rich, and delicious pasta recipe that could double as a treat in a bowl.
Gluten-free vegan pasta option
If you need a gluten-free vegan pasta option I’ve got you covered. Several tasty gluten-free kinds of pasta can all work well in this recipe:
- Rice pasta or rice noodles
- Lentil pasta
- Corn pasta
- Any kind of vegetable spaghetti-like zoodles or similar
How to make easy 3-ingredients vegan white pasta sauce with leeks and rosemary
Making this simple vegan weeknight pasta is a breeze. Simply cook the pasta, make the sauce and your creamy pasta is ready to serve.
Let’s look at just how easy it is to make;
Step 1. Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging.
Step 2. Heat olive oil in skillet or pan and add the sliced leeks. Season with salt and pepper and let the leeks cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally. Once the leeks start to soften and Caramelize, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil before turning the heat down to simmer. Add the rosemary and let the sauce simmer until the pasta is ready.
Step 3. Once the pasta is done, drain away the water and serve the pasta topped generously with the pasta sauce.
Frequently asked questions
How can I add more plant-based protein?
Adding chickpeas or beans such as cannellini or black beans adds a lot of plant-based protein, plus extra nutrients and vitamins.
Can I make pasta gluten-free?
Yes, absolutely. You can replace regular pasta with lentil pasta, rice pasta, or any type of gluten-free pasta substitute.
What types of plant milk can I use in pasta sauce?
Most types of plant milk work really well in pasta sauce. For the creamiest, silkiest sauce texture I find coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, or soy milk works best. They have that luxe creamy texture that enhances the silky sauce and makes it extra creamy and rich.
Can I make this pasta in advance?
Sure. It can be made the day before and reheated in the oven. Just cover with tin foil and add a bit of water and maybe a tablespoon of olive oil to the pasta so it doesn’t dry out. You can also freeze and reheat the pasta water. Reheating the pasta may make it less creamy, and make the sauce more thick and rich.
What vegetables work well in vegan pasta?
Most vegetables are amazing in vegan pasta. Here’s a list of the top 10 vegetables to use in vegan pasta recipes:
20-minutes 3-ingredients leeks, lemon, and rosemary pasta
- 16 oz Pasta of your choice (penne, linguine, spaghetti etc.)
- 1 15oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 Leek Sliced
- 1 Lemon – Zest from
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 bunch Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging.
- Heat olive oil in skillet or pan and add the sliced leeks. Season with salt and pepper and let the leeks cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally. Once the leeks start to soften and Caramelize, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil before turning the heat down to simmer. Add the rosemary and let the sauce simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Once the pasta is done, drain away the water and serve the pasta topped generously with the pasta sauce.
Are you looking for more quick easy vegan dinner ideas? You might like some of these:
- Amazing easy fakeout vegan bell pepper pizza
- Easy vegan Zucchini lasagna recipe
- Easy vegan taco boats
- 30-minutes easy vegan sheetpan Gnocchi recipe