This easy Summer Arugula Pasta Salad is delicious, fresh and full of flavours. Made simply with 5 main ingredients, it’s an easy budget friendly and delicious vegan pasta salad.
This easy vegan summer pasta salad is incredibly simple and quick to make, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a force to be reckoned with. It’s loaded with fresh summer flavours… imagine sweet tomatoes with herby green pesto and spicy arugula salad. It’s so incredibly easy and delicious.
When I think about summer I always think about pasta salad, tomatoes and olives. Anything that says Mediterranean flavours and lighter meals that makes you feel good. And that is exactly what this easy recipe is. It encompasses all the flavours of summer into one very simple and easy to make pasta dish. And one of the best parts is, you can serve it hot or cold, take it with you on a picnic and even eat any leftovers the next day.
What’s great about this Easy Vegan Summer Arugula Pasta Salad
- Easy to make
- Requires only 5 main ingredients – pasta, tomatoes, arugula salad, pesto and olives
- Healthy and full of nutrients
- Meal prep friendly
- Great as a side dish
- Amazing quick and easy lunch
- Gluten-free option – just use gluten-free pasta
- Soy free
- Everyone loves this recipe
Gluten-free pasta salad option
If you need to make this easy pasta salad gluten-free I’ve got you covered. Creating gluten-free recipes has never been easier thanks to all the great gluten-free product choices available. There’s a few different easy options you can use:
- 1: substitute the regular pasta with gluten-free pasta. This switch out is the easiest and requires no effort at all.
- 2: Substitute the regular pasta with lentil pasta. This option is great as it adds extra proteins to the dish. It will change the taste a little, but it will still taste great.
- 3: Substitute the pasta with rice pasta. This substitution works really well and has the same texture with only a little variation in the flavour
Meal prep friendly
This easy summer arugula pasta salad recipe can easily be made in advance. It tastes just as good the next day, although I would advice to add the arugula salad only a couple of hours in advance to make it as fresh as possible. Adding the arugula the day before will still taste great, but for visual impact it’s better when it’s added the same day.
Easy Arugula Pasta Salad and Mediterranean Diet recipe
This pasta recipe wasn’t created to be a Mediterranean diet pasta recipe…but it ended up fitting the bill. It’s full of all things from the Mediterranean kitchen. From fried thyme to delicious tomatoes to the flavourful olives…it’s so incredibly tasty and healthy, too. So, if you are on the Mediterranean diet this easy pasta recipe might just become your new go-to easy dinner.
How is this easy vegan summer pasta salad recipe made? It’s very simple. Just:
- Start by cooking the pasta as instructed on the package.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain away the water and add the pasta to a large salad bowl. Next, drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the pasta. Add green pesto, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together until all the pasta is coated in seasonings
- And finally add the arugula salad, chopped olives and chopped tomatoes and combine. Serve and enjoy.
Optional: serve topped with vegan cashew cheese of feta cheese
Easy Summer Arugula Pasta Salad
- 1 pound Pasta Penne
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 2 cups Arugula Salad Rinsed
- 10 Green Olives Chopped
- 1 pound Tomatoes Chopped
- 4 tbsp Green Pesto Vegan
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Cashew Cheese or Feta Cheese Optional
- Cook the pasta as instructed on the package.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain away the water and add the pasta to a large salad bowl. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the pasta. Add green pesto, dried thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix together until all the pasta is coated in seasonings
- Finally add the arugula salad, chopped olives and chopped tomatoes and combine. Serve and enjoy.