Savory sweet and spicy Tahini Noodles loaded with grilled peppers, fresh salad, and crunchy sesame seeds. This easy vegan rice noodle recipe is a flavorful bowl of happy colors and delicious textures. Featuring a quick and super tasty homemade sweet and spicy tahini sauce this 20-minute vegan dinner is a make-on-repeat family favorite for good reason.Jump to Recipe
This easy savory Tahini Noodles recipe is light, tasty, and so easy to make. It’s a meal prep-friendly bowl of tender noodles bathed in a luxe creamy savory tahini sauce, topped with roasted sweet bell peppers and crunchy sesame seeds. It’s a bowlful of pure foodie bliss in a simple make-in-minutes recipe.
This easy vegan gluten-free tahini noodles recipe features:
- A silky smooth, luxe, and creamy vegan flavor-packed sauce that’s a super easy shake together in a jar kinda sauce. (Pro tip: always keep a jar of this sauce ready in the refrigerator because it’s also amazing on salads)
- Tender fork twirly noodles bathed in savory tahini sauce.
- Sweet roasted bell peppers and crunchy sesame seeds.
- Fresh lamb lettuce and loads of parsley
Let’s dive right into the important stuff because I know you want to get cooking.
Ingredients you need to make this vegan bowl of easy savory tahini noodles
This recipe is simple and only requires very few easy-to-get ingredients.
- Rice Noodles, or stir fry noodles
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup lambs lettuce
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Ingredients to make the 2-minute vegan gluten-free tahini sauce
This easy vegan tahini sauce is a shake together in a jar in under 2 minutes of miracle sauce that goes well with everything. Dump it on your noodles to take them to the next level, drizzle it on top of salads, or to it over grilled tofu steaks. It’s a simple must-make dressing that I recommend always having in your refrigerator.
All you need to make this simple vegan gluten-free tahini sauce is:
- 1/4 cup sesame paste, or tahini
- warm water
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, which can be avocado oil, olive oil, or your choice
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Two cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- Juice from 1 lime
How to make the homemade vegan tahini sauce
Put all the sauce ingredients into a jar and close the lid. Shake vigorously for a minute until all the ingredients are combined and the sauce is creamy and smooth.
How to make easy gluten-free plant-based creamy tahini noodles
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the packaging. When they are done, drain away the water.
- While the noodles cook, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and add the sliced peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Let the peppers cook for 1-2 minutes before adding sesame seeds. Stir to combine and let the veggies cook at medium-high heat for a few minutes while stirring occasionally.
- When the noodles are done, add the noodles and half of the tahini sauce to the roasted peppers. Toss to combine, before topping with the chopped parsley and fresh salad. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing right before serving and toss to combine everything.
- Serve hot or cold.
Other salads that are great in noodle bowls
I love lamb lettuce because it’s soft, fresh, and has a lovely mild flavor. For a more in-your-face salad you can use arugula salad. Here’s my top salad picks for noodle salads:
- Romaine salad gives the salad extra crunchy textures
- Watercress adds a delicious freshness to the salad
- Spinach gives the salad an earthy tone
- Radicchio adds a pop of color and crunchy textures
Ways to add plant-based protein to your noodle bowls
There are so many tasty options for adding plant-based protein to your noodles if you need it. First, I have to mention my favorite which is nuts. Roasted or salted nuts such as peanuts or cashews add extra crunchy textures, healthy omega fatty acids, lots of minerals, and a good amount of plant-based protein.
Other great sources of plant-based protein you can add to your noodles are:
- Edamame beans
- Black beans
- Grilled tofu (especially smoked tofu that’s been grilled works really well)
Are you looking for more easy noodle recipes? Here are my top 8 favorite easy noodle recipes:
- Easy Lemon Noodles with artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes – loaded with savory flavors and so simple to make
- Super easy 3-ingredients noodles with apples and Caramelized onions – like dessert and dinner wrapped into one recipe. Yum!
- Super easy 15-minute vegan ramen noodles – loaded with flavors, crunchy sesame seeds, and herbs this is a must-make noodle recipe
- Vegan Sticky Soba Noodles – one word is enough to describe this tasty noodle recipe; Yum!
- Vegan noodles with meatless meatballs – a delicious, plant-based, super satisfying neatball noodle recipe
- Black pepper tofu noodle salad – flavor-packed noodle salad that is delicious and served hot and cold.
- Thai Coconut Tahini rice noodle bowls – a creamy, luxe, and absolutely delicious noodle recipe
- Vegan creamy zoodle soup – utterly creamy and decadently delicious vegan soup
Frequently asked questions
Both. These easy vegan tahini noodles are just as tasty served hot and cold. This makes them a great healthy to-go lunch recipe, and a tasty leftover snack for the next day.
Yes. You can easily reheat noodles. Just add a little extra liquid and pop them in the microwave in a microwave save bowl and reheat for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, you can reheat the noodles in a pan.
Rice noodles are gluten-free, but you can also get other types of gluten-free noodles made from corn flour, chickpea flour, and even lentils. My preferred gluten-free noodles are rice noodles because the taste and texture are so similar to regular noodles and they are great at soaking up the sauce.
It’s a medium not-too-sauce-heavy recipe. If you adore a lot of sauce for your noodles, I would make a large batch of the savory tahini sauce.
Yes. This easy vegan and gluten-free tahini noodles recipe is a great meal-prep-friendly recipe. You can easily make it 1-2 days in advance and even freeze it to reheat later if you like.
Noodles can usually keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator if kept in a clean sealed container.
Easy savory Tahini Noodles recipe
- 6-8 oz Rice Noodles or stir fry noodles
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Lambs Lettuce
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley Chopped
- ¼ cup Tahini or sesame paste
- ¼ cup Hot Water
- 4 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil can be avocado oil, olive oil, or your choice
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic minced or grated
- Juice from 1 Lime
How to make the homemade vegan tahini sauce
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a jar and close the lid. Shake vigorously for a minute until all the ingredients are combined and the sauce is creamy and smooth.
How to make easy vegan creamy tahini noodles
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the packaging. When they are done, drain away the water. While the noodles cook, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and add the sliced peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Let the peppers cook for 1-2 minutes before adding sesame seeds. Stir to combine and let the veggies cook at medium-high heat for a few minutes while stirring occasionally.
- When the noodles are done, add the noodles and half of the tahini sauce to the roasted peppers. Toss to combine, before topping with the chopped parsley and fresh salad. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing right before serving and toss to combine everything.Serve hot or cold.