Okay, so we all need a few easy to cook meals during the week, right?
That’s where this Easy Stir Fry comes into play.
It’s not only easy and quick to make, but also super tasty. It feels and tastes like a cheat meal, but it’s actually super healthy.
It’s no secret that I like recipes that are easy, tasty and quick to make – I always think; if I can make something in half the time that tastes delicious, then why would I spend that extra time (this is the lazy persons logic, I know).
What’s great about this Easy stir fry:
- It’s so easy to make
- quick to cook and not a lot of ingredients
- loaded with healthy veggies, fiber, vitamins and minerals
- super healthy
- it works so well with pre planned meals – make it, freeze it and heat it up when you’re ready to eat
For me, stir fry feel like comfort food. It nourishes the soul and feels like a warm hug. The only thing I don’t usually like about stir frys, is how unhealthy they tend to be. Eat it a few times a week, and suddenly you can’t fit into your clothes anymore (been there).
That’s just one more reason I love this recipe. Unlike normal stir frys, this recipe is not only full of flavors it’s also super healthy.
What’s not to like?
Easy Stir Fry
- ½ cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Red Cabbage Chopped
- ½ Head of Broccoli Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Zucchini Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Sesame Seeds for garnish Optional
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions. Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then add the veggies (they must be covered by the water) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high-heat. Drain the veggies and set aside. Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, cayenne powder, smoked paprila and parsley. Cook over high-heat for around 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add the veggies, rice and tamari. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more. Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional). Store the brown rice stir-fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days