This Easy Vegan Sandwich is so delicious and full of goodness.
When I first decided to become a vegetarian, I was surprised at how difficult I found lunch. I cruised quickly through finding breakfasts – I never ate meat for breakfast anyway, so that was easy for me – but finding delicious alternatives for lunch wasn’t as easy.
If you’re like me, then you enjoy not eating salad at every meal – variety is the name of the game for me.
Until I suddenly had to figure out what vegan and vegetarian lunches I could make, I had never realized before how much of our daily meals are meat based.
It blew my mind.
So, I realized that I had to change the way I thought about lunch and find delicious and easy vegan alternatives.
I won’t lie; it took some serious thought and planning to figure out what lunches I could eat. My search for tasty vegan lunch ideas may have been born slightly out of desperation – after eating nothing but salads for the first 2 weeks of my diet change, I was ready for something more.
That’s when I started getting creative. It’s amazing how often creativity is born out of desperation, but I guess that’s a testament to the human ingenuity.
Anyways, I made it my mission to find easy lunches that I could bring with me on the go, that would be just as good if not better than a regular club sandwich.
This Easy Vegan sandwich was one of the first lunches I made…and it’s stil one of my favorites. As it’s name implies, it’s really easy to make and it’s also super satisfying.
I have to give props to Ea for the help in creating this recipe. We had a little brinstorming session, and came up with this little gem.
What’s great about this recipe:
- Easy to make
- Can be made in advance and taken with you to-go
- Creamy and packed with flavors
- Healthy and balanced with fibers, carbs and proteins
- Will keep you full for longer
To make this sandwich even healthier, you can use whole wheat sandwich bread. I like to use my bread recipe whenever I make this lunch.
This healthy sandwich recipe has a mediterranean flavor. The sundried tomatoes adds sweetness and sunshine and compliments the egg plants in the best way. The taste is just how I like it, creamy and mild with a taste of sunshine.
If you like spicy food, just add a bit of hot sauce to the sandwich. It will give an extra hit of flavor.
Easy Vegan Sandwich
- 2 slices Sandwich Toast
- ½ Egg plant
- 2 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 handful Mixed Salad
- 4 slices Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Hummus
- Olive Oil
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices. Pour a little olive oil onto each slce and rub it in. Sprinkle with a little salt. Heat a grill pan or frying pan and cook the egg plant slices for 2-3 minutes on each side.Divide the hummus equally between the two slices of sandwich toast. Start assembling the sandwich by adding the salad, cucumber slices, sundried tomatoes (the sundried tomatoes can be chopped into smaller bite sizes if you prefer).Finish the sandwich by adding the grilled egg plants and finally topping off with the second piece of sandwich toast.Enjoy.Can be eaten straight away, or packed and taken with you to go. Tip: if you like spicy food, then add a bit of hot sauce to this sandwich for an extra kick of flavor.