This Moroccan Spiced Couscous salad might just be the easiest salad recipe you will ever find. It’s a one-pot meal and it’s so incredibly simple to make. Get ready for a light, fluffy and unbelievably delicious vegan couscous.
I’m all about combining great taste with an easy meal. Especially, in the warm summer months where I just want to sit down and enjoy a relaxed dinner and listen to the birds chirping.
This easy couscous recipe makes it a breeze to cook dinner. It goes well with everything and the light and fluffy flavor makes it the ideal side dish on a hot summer day.
It’s no secret that couscous is one of my favorite go-to side dishes. I LOVE a fluffy couscous salad, but this is definitely one of my favorite recipes.
If you don’t like one of the spices, simply leave it out or replace it with a spice you prefer. There’s no going wrong with this one.
The key to the best couscous:
This may seem like a no-brainer, always read the package instructions. Not all couscous is made in the exact same way or with the same amount of liquid to couscous.
If this recipe varies from the instructions on the package, just ignore my instructions and cook it per the package instructions.
What’s great about this recipe:
- Super simple to make – just combine everything in this on-pot dish and get ready to serve.
- Packed full of fragrant spices and combines all the textures – crispy veggies that brings out the best in the soft and fluffy couscous
- Loaded with colorful veggies – this one looks almost as good as it tastes.
- Any leftovers can be saved and used for lunch the next day.
Moroccan Spiced Couscous salad
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Carrot Chopped into cubes
- 1 cup Lettuce Chopped
- ½ cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Mild Red Chili Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Tumeric
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 14-oz Can Chickpeas Drained
- ½ Lemon – juice from
- 1½ cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1 cup Instant Couscous
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet. Add the chopped red onions, chopped yellow and red bell peppers and the cubed carrots and sauté for 10 minutes or until the onion looks glazed. Add the garlic, chili and spices and let it continue to cook for another minute before the couscous and vegetable stock. Let it cook, while stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is tender. Take the skillet off the heat and mix in bean sprouts, peas, lettuce, parsley and chickpeas. Stir everything together and serve immediately.