– With chia seeds, gluten-free crunchy granola, and raspberry jam
This creamy almond milk vegan porridge is a delicious and quick healthy breakfast topped with golden crunchy granola and a spoonful of homemade raspberry jam. Mornings just got 1000x better when starting your day with this simple overnight breakfast oatmeal porridge.Jump to Recipe
This easy creamy overnight oatmeal porridge is The Best Vegan Porridge recipe I’ve ever tasted…and that’s why it’s my favorite everyday easy breakfast. It’s packed with creamy textures, topped with golden crispy crunchy homemade granola, and served with a dollop of fresh raspberry jam. It’s a powerhouse of nutrients and completely meals prep friendly.
When it comes to breakfast I like to keep everything simple and quick. For me, I get off to a better start when I eat a healthy nutritious breakfast, but I usually don’t have the time to cook up a storm in the mornings. I’m always an early morning riser, but I’m never a well-organized morning person. But with this amazing vegan breakfast porridge, I don’t need to be at all. Everything can be made in advance and it makes for the ultimate stress-free vegan breakfast. Sign me up for more stress-free days like that.
Now, let’s take a look at how easy it is to make creamy overnight oats
Making overnight oats is so incredibly easy that anyone can do it. It’s one of those zero stress, no cooking skills required recipes that makes eating a healthy tasty breakfast very easy.
All you have to do to make creamy overnight oats are:
- Add all the overnight oats ingredients to a clean jar and seal with a lid. Shake the jar for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice, crushing it with a fork.
- Open the lid and add the crushed raspberry jam to the overnight oats (don’t stir together).
- Seal the container and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 45-minutes.
- Top your overnight oats with a tablespoon of crunchy granola before serving and enjoy a healthy easy vegan breakfast.
How to make mushy Starbucks like overnight oats
For that extra creamy Starbucks-like overnight oats texture you can add all the overnight oats ingredients to a blender and blend everything into a smooth and creamy porridge. Afterward, just pour the porridge into a clean jar and seal the lid. Place in the refrigerator overnight and your extra creamy Starbucks overnight oats are ready to eat.
The best vegan gluten-free granola recipe
Making homemade vegan granola is incredibly simple. Granola needs to be baked in the oven, but with this quick easy recipe, your granola will be done in 30-minutes.
So, what ingredients do you need to make your own homemade vegan gluten-free granola? Not a lot.
All you need to make healthy vegan breakfast granola is:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Gluten-free oats
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to use Almonds in granola
No, not at all. Oven-roasted almonds are my favorite, but you can just as easily replace the almonds with pecan nuts, walnuts, or hazelnuts if you prefer.
The cooking time will be the same and all types of nuts taste amazing in this granola recipe.
Can I use coconut milk in overnight oats?
Yes, absolutely. I like the creamy velvety texture of almond milk, but coconut milk works just as well in overnight oats.
Are overnight oats healthy?
Yes, when made like this overnight oats are healthy and delicious. It’s a super easy, nutritious, and tasty breakfast recipe.
Can overnight oats be heated?
Yes. You can heat overnight oats in the microwave or a pot on the stove if you like your porridge warm. Overnight oats are so versatile. It can be served both hot and cold and tastes amazing both ways.
Where to store overnight oats
Overnight oats should be stored in the refrigerator in a glass jar or similar, covered with a lid. Overnight oats are at their best, creamiest, and most delicious after 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.
Will overnight oats last a week?
Not in my opinion. Overnight oats are best when eaten within 3 days. Personally, I prefer making my overnight oats every evening while preparing dinner, so they are ready for breakfast the next day.
Can I make overnight oats in advance?
Yes! Overnight oats can be made anywhere from 45-minutes to 3 days in advance. It’s a very easy and versatile healthy breakfast recipe.
What are overnight oats good for?
Everything if you ask me. It’s a healthy, nutrient-rich breakfast that leaves you feeling full for longer. It’s like a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals concealed in a creamy porridge topped with crunchy granola.
What kind of oats to use in overnight oats?
You can use almost any type of oats in overnight oats. I prefer using gluten-free regular old fashioned oats, but you can also use
The Best Creamy Vegan Porridge – With chia seeds, and gluten-free crunchy granola, and raspberry jam
- Jar or airtight container with a lid
Vegan Gluten-free Golden Crunchy Granola
- 2 cups Rolled Oats Gluten-free
- ½ cup Almonds Whole and unsalted
- ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds Unsalted
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
Creamy vegan chia oats porridge
- ½ cup Rolled Oats Old Fashioned and Gluten-free
- 1 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract or tiny pinch of vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup Pure
- Lemon Zest from ½ Lemon
- ½ cup Raspberries
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup Pure
Making the Granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine the oats, almonds, and pumpkin seeds in a bowl. Stir together the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and add it to the seeds. Mix well to completely coat all the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the nuts and seeds out onto the lined baking sheet and spread them out evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or until the nuts are just starting to become golden and crispy.
- Remove the granola from the oven and add the chia seeds. Stir together to combine, and bake for 5-10 more minutes or until the nuts are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and leave the granola on the sheet to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
Making the Overnight Oats
- Combine all ingredients except the raspberries in an airtight container or jar with a lid. Seal the container and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or so until everything is well incorporated.
- In a small mixing bowl add the raspberries, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of maple syrup. Use a fork to mash the jam together. Add the jam to the porridge jar and close the lid (don’t combine).
- Place sealed container in the fridge for 45 minutes or ideally overnight.
- Top with a table of granola before serving and enjoy a healthy breakfast.
Are you looking for more easy vegan breakfast ideas? Try my:
- Easy vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegan Granola Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
- Amazing Healthy Vegan Apple Cinnamon Muffins