It’s officially summer and the weather is Hot…which is why I’m bringing you my top 3 Best Vegan Homemade Dog Treats.
There’s nothing I love more than Summer. Enjoying the warm weather, the good food and the long nights are what summer is all about. But for me, summer is also about spoiling my dog. Okay, I like to spoil my dog all year round, but for summer I break out the cooling dog treats.
Keeping our dogs cool in the summer is very important for their health and wellbeing. One of my favourite ways to keep my dog happy and healthy is by always making sure she has access to cool water (I like to dump a few ice cubes in her water throughout the day to always keep it cool and fresh) and I like to make my own cooling dog treats.
Feeding dogs healthy doggy ice cream treats is something they enjoy just as much as we enjoy our summer popsicles. And it’s also a great way to keep them cool and get them eating vitamin C and healthy Omega fatty acids.
There’s no reason spoiling my dog can’t be combined with healthy treats, so here’s my top 3 favourite cooling vegan dog treat recipes…that also happens to be healthy.
Peanut Butter doggy ice cream popsicles
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter (make sure there’s no added sugars, xylitol or salt)
- 1 cup coconut milk (or kefir for non vegan)
- Mash the banana well and stir together with the peanut butter.
- Next, add the coconut milk and stir together until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle containers and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Treat your pup to a popsicle.
- Can be stored for 8 weeks in a freezer
I love to make and serve these Vegan Super Healthy Frozen Dog Treats for my dog on those hot summer days. They’re loaded with nutrients and vitamins and my dog loves the flavours.
Super healthy Frozen vegan dog treats:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, no added sugar
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup berries
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp green superfood for dogs (I use green juju kitchen)
Pour all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and combined. Pour the mixture into ice cube containers and freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.
Note: Can be stored in the freezer for up to 8 weeks
Next up in my top 3 best vegan homemade dog treats series we have my super easy and very healthy vegan ice cream treats for dogs. You can freeze these treats as ice cubes or as popsicles. I usually prefer freezing my treats as ice cubes because of my dogs small size, but they work great either way.
Healthy vegan (non-dairy) ice cream treats for dogs
- 1 cup mixed berries (I like to use raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Blend the berries and coconut milk together in a blender until everything is combined. Pour the mixture into ice trays and freeze for 2-4 hours.
Once frozen, you can pour all the treats into a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.