Crispy, golden, vegan and super delicious 5 ingredient easy zucchini fritters made with grated zucchini. These little heavenly mouthfuls are completely gluten free thanks to the chickpea flour…plus they are super healthy and low calorie. It’s a win-win.
Let’s face is, there’s nothing better than a totally delicious dinner that’s easy on your time and budget. These 5-ingredient zucchini fritters are proof that sometimes simple really is the best.
Now, it’s no secret that I’m all about easy, simple and accessible cooking. That’s partly because I’m a super lazy foodie (yes, I admit it) and partly because I think simple food often tastes better. The ingredients aren’t competing for space and attention. Every ingredient is a star and that makes it all the more tasty – at least in my opinion.
What’s to love about this recipe:
- Super easy to make
- Meal prep and freezer friendly
- Healthy, gluten-free, nut-free and vegan – it doesn’t get any better than that, am I right?
- Savory, light and fluffy – amazing for dinner, in a sandwich or as a healthy afternoon dip snack. Yum!
- Only 5 ingredients (not counting the seasoning)
Can I add other veggies?
Absolutely. This recipe is amazing in it’s simplicity, but you can always add any other veggies that you feel like. I’ve tried adding grated carrots and peas…the texture changes a little but it’s still so good!
Can you freeze these zucchini fritters?
The answer is yes. I like to make a double batch when I cook these and freeze them for later. They work amazing for meal prep. I usually like to use eat them with a side of salad (try pairing it with my seriously amazing quinoa salad or my thai salad – so good!) , with stuffed potatoes, or put them in a quick breakfast sandwich – the possibilities are endless and all super tasty.
Easy 5-Ingredient Zucchini Fritters
- 2 large Zucchinis (4 cups) Grated
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Start by grating the zucchinis and pour them onto a large mixing bowl.
- Next, squeeze the excess liquid out of the zucchinis until they start to feel a little dry and no extra liquid escapes.
- Add the chopped spring onions, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, olive oil, baking powder and spices and mix everything together.
- Once everything is combined, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Use two spoons or an ice cream scoop to form into fritters. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until they turn crispy and golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter until all the fritters are cooked.