Recipe originally published February 2, 2020
Recipe updated July 18, 2023
Easy vegan BBQ Chickpea pizza – vegan buffalo pizza – This Vegan Chickpea BBQ Pizza is the answer to all my vegan pizza dreams. It’s mouthwateringly good. The chickpeas are soft and buttery on the inside, yet savory and slightly crispy on the outside. Together with that soft melty cheese and all the BBQ flavors you could ever want. It really doesn’t get any better than this barbecue chickpea pizza.
Vegan Chickpea BBQ Pizza is an absolute delight that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. Let me tell you why you will love it!
Imagine sinking your teeth into a warm and crispy pizza crust topped with a rich and tangy vegan barbecue sauce, perfectly seasoned bbq chickpeas, and a delectable combination of vegan margarita cheese. It’s a pizza experience that will make your heart sing!
With this recipe, you can create a dairy-free margarita pizza that is packed with flavor and goodness. The homemade vegan margarita pizza meets vegan bbq pizza recipe is not only easy to make, but it also allows you to control the quality of ingredients, ensuring a healthier and tastier result.
Why this dairy free buffalo pizza recipe is the best
The combination of the tangy barbecue sauce and the creamy vegan margarita cheese creates a harmonious balance of flavors that will make your taste buds dance with joy. The chickpeas, seasoned to perfection, add a delightful texture and a protein-packed punch to every bite.
Not only is this pizza delicious, but it also offers a variety of vegan pizza toppings to suit your preferences. Whether you want to add sliced vegetables, fresh herbs, or even some plant-based protein, the options are endless. You can customize it to your heart’s content!The secret to a perfect vegan margarita pizza lies in the homemade pizza sauce recipe. It brings together the vibrant flavors of tomatoes, herbs, and spices, creating a sauce that complements the other ingredients beautifully.
The best vegan barbecue chickpea pizza
And let’s not forget the vegan cheese for pizza! With a wide variety of plant-based cheese options available, you can achieve that cheesy goodness without any animal products. From melty vegan mozzarella to flavorful vegan cheddar, the choice is yours.
So, why wait? Grab the ingredients, unleash your creativity, and dive into the world of the best vegan pizza recipe. Indulge in the mouthwatering flavors, savor each bite, and relish the satisfaction of enjoying a delicious dairy-free margarita pizza that’s good for you and the planet.
Prepare to be amazed by the incredible taste and texture of this vegan chickpea BBQ pizza. It’s a culinary adventure that will leave you craving for more. Get ready to impress your friends and family with your pizza-making skills and enjoy a slice of vegan pizza heaven!
Table of Contents
- Vegan buffalo chickpea pizza ingredients
- Tips and tricks for making the best dairy free barbecue pizza
- How to make vegan bbq chickpea pizza
- Keto pizza crust recipe with almond flour
- 10 inch vs 12 inch pizza
- Bake vs broil pizza
- Normal bake vs well done bake
- Homemase vegan buffalo sauce recipe
- Reheating, storage and more vegan pizza faqs
Super easy vegan Pizza – the best loaded vegetarian pizza for a plant-based dietJump to Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I get serious pizza cravings sometimes. There’s no way around it, I need my melting, cheesy pizza and I need it fast. The thing is, there’s not a lot of easy vegan pizza recipes out there. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot of great and delicious vegan pizza recipes, but most of them require a ton of ingredients and a lot of time.
And that’s just not good enough for me when I get my pizza cravings. First of all, I don’t want to go shopping for a ton of ingredients that I don’t have…AND I also don’t want to spend a lot of time making sauces. I refuse to accept that vegan food is complicated to make. So, of course I had to come up with a simple vegan pizza hack.
Forget about a million different ingredients and forget about spending hours in the kitchen.
To get a delicious and super creamy white sauce, I turned to cannellini beans. They’re super accessible, easy to use and budget friendly. Unlike a lot of white vegan sauces and dips, this one is made simply with white beans and classic pizza spices – it’s so incredibly good and is the ideal pizza base topping.
What’s great about this Vegan barbecue Chickpeas Pizza recipe
- Super easy to make
- Deliciously cheesy, melty and oh so tasty
- A huge crowdpleaser
- Loaded with vegetable protein – and dare I say it…could almost be classified as healthy
- Popular with children and adults alike
What we’re working with today – easy ingredients to make the best loaded cheesy plant based pizza
Here’s a summary of the ingredients and their purpose in making the best vegan chickpea BBQ pizza:
1. Pizza Dough: The base of the pizza, providing a chewy and crispy crust. Make your own homemade pizza dough, or grab my easy quick pizza dough recipe to make the best homemade pizzas – or make it a keto friendly vegan pizza by making a sweet potato pizza crust that’s perfect for pizza night any day of the week.
2. Chickpeas: Used as a protein-packed topping, adding texture and flavor to the pizza.
3. Sriracha Sauce: Adds a spicy kick to the chickpeas, enhancing their flavor.
4. Olive Oil: Helps coat the chickpeas and adds richness to the overall taste.
5. Vegan BBQ Sauce: Provides the smoky and tangy flavor that gives the pizza its BBQ taste. It’s the secret to making the best barbecue pizza that’s good enough to equal traditional pizzas. Top tip: for extra delicious barbecue flavor simply add an extra drizzle of bbq sauce to this tasty vegan recipe.
6. Red Onion: Sliced red onion adds a touch of sweetness and crunch to the pizza.
7. Vegan Mozzarella Cheese: Melts and creates a creamy texture, similar to traditional mozzarella.
8. Vegan Cheddar Cheese: Grated cheddar cheese adds a sharp and tangy flavor to the pizza.
9. White Sauce: Made from cannellini beans, garlic powder, oregano, nutritional yeast (optional), salt, and chili flakes. It adds creaminess and depth of flavor to the pizza.
These ingredients come together to create a delicious and satisfying vegan chickpea BBQ pizza that is packed with flavor, texture, and plant-based goodness. Enjoy!
Plant Based Pizza dough
You can use any type of pizza dough you prefer. I like to use my super quick pizza dough, but you can just as easily use a ready made pizza dough or make your own from your favorite pizza recipe. It’s all up to you and what works in your life. I’ve included a delicious Keto friendly pizza dough recipe below that’s also a great plant based pizza dough + it’s 100% gluten free pizza! It doesn’t get much better than that!
Tips and Tricks for making the best Vegan Margarita cheese Pizza
Here are some tips and tricks for making the best vegan Buffalo chickpea pizza:
1. Precook the chickpeas: To ensure the chickpeas have a nice texture, you can pre-cook them slightly before using them as a topping. You can either cook them on the stovetop or use canned chickpeas that have been rinsed and drained.
2. Flavor the chickpeas: Toss the cooked chickpeas in Buffalo sauce or a mixture of hot sauce and melted vegan butter. This will give them a spicy and tangy flavor that pairs well with the pizza.
3. Use a pizza stone or baking steel: Preheat your oven with a pizza stone or baking steel in it. This will help create a crispy crust on the bottom of the pizza.
4. Roll out the dough thin: For a crispy crust, roll out the pizza dough thin. This allows it to cook more evenly and get a nice crunch.
5. Add vegan cheese: Sprinkle vegan cheese on top of the pizza before adding the Buffalo chickpeas. This will give the pizza a cheesy and melty texture.
6. Garnish with fresh toppings: After baking the pizza, add fresh toppings like chopped celery, green onions, or fresh cilantro to give it a burst of freshness and added flavor.
7. Drizzle with vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing: For an extra kick of flavor, drizzle vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing on top of the pizza before serving. This complements the Buffalo chickpeas and adds a creamy element.
8. Adjust spiciness to taste: If you prefer a milder or spicier pizza, you can adjust the amount of Buffalo sauce or hot sauce to suit your taste buds.
Remember to have fun and experiment with different toppings and flavors to make the pizza your own. Enjoy your delicious vegan Buffalo chickpea pizza!
How is this Vegan Chickpa BBQ Pizza made? It’s so easy:
Plant based buffalo chickpea pizza Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) to ensure it’s nice and hot for baking the pizza.
2. In a blender, combine the drained cannellini beans, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, chili flakes, and optional nutritional yeast. Blend until the beans form a creamy sauce consistency, adding a touch of water if needed for smoother blending. This white bean sauce will add a delicious and creamy base to your pizza.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss the drained chickpeas with olive oil and sriracha sauce until the chickpeas are coated in the flavorful sauce. This will give the chickpeas a spicy kick.
4. Roll out your pizza dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to create a flat and even surface for your pizza.
5. Spread a generous layer of vegan BBQ sauce over the pizza dough, leaving about ½ inch of the edges uncovered. This tangy sauce will infuse the pizza with rich flavor.
6. Spoon the white bean sauce onto the pizza, spreading it evenly over the BBQ sauce. This creamy sauce will add depth of flavor and a velvety texture to the pizza.
7. Arrange the spicy chickpeas and sliced red onions on top of the sauces. The chickpeas will provide a meaty texture and added protein, while the red onions contribute a delicious crunch and slight sweetness.
8. Sprinkle a generous amount of vegan mozzarella cheese over the toppings. This will melt beautifully and add a cheesy, gooey element to the pizza.
Baking the pizza
9. Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on the pizza as cooking times may vary.
10. Once baked, remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool slightly before cutting into slices. This will ensure the toppings stay intact and make it easier to handle.
11. Serve your delicious vegan BBQ chickpea pizza and enjoy the flavorful combination of tangy BBQ sauce, creamy white bean sauce, spicy chickpeas, and crispy onions.
By following these steps, you’ll create a scrumptious vegan pizza that is sure to delight your taste buds. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying meal!
Keto pizza crust recipe almond flour
This Easy Keto pizza crust recipe is delicious, with the perfect pizza crust bite, and also doubles as a low carb vegan pizza crust! Here’s a delicious and easy keto pizza crust recipe using almond flour:
Keto Pizza Crust recipe Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Keto pizza crust with almond flour Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and Italian seasoning.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and olive oil together until well combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms. It will be slightly sticky.
5. Transfer the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and shape it into a round pizza crust or the desired shape and thickness.
6. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s golden brown and firm to the touch.
7. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool slightly before adding your desired toppings.
8. Once the toppings are added, return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This almond flour pizza crust is low in carbs and keto-friendly, providing a delicious alternative for pizza lovers on a keto diet. Enjoy your homemade keto pizza!
10 inch vs 12 inch pizza
The main difference between a 10-inch and a 12-inch pizza is the size and the number of servings. Here are some key points to consider:
1. Size: A 10-inch pizza has a smaller diameter compared to a 12-inch pizza. The 10-inch pizza has a radius of 5 inches, while the 12-inch pizza has a radius of 6 inches. Therefore, the 12-inch pizza is larger in overall size.
2. Servings: A 10-inch pizza typically serves 1-2 people, depending on appetite and toppings. It’s a good size for an individual serving or a small meal. On the other hand, a 12-inch pizza can serve 2-3 people, making it ideal for sharing or for a slightly larger meal.
3. Crust Thickness: With a larger diameter, the 12-inch pizza may have a slightly thinner crust compared to the 10-inch pizza, assuming the crust thickness remains the same. However, this can vary depending on personal preference and the specific pizza recipe.
4. Toppings: The size difference between a 10-inch and 12-inch pizza can affect the distribution of toppings. A 12-inch pizza offers more surface area, allowing for more toppings to be spread evenly.
When choosing between a 10-inch and 12-inch pizza, consider the number of people you’re serving, appetite, and personal preference. If you have a larger group or prefer leftovers, the 12-inch pizza may be the better choice. If you’re looking for a personal-sized pizza or have a smaller appetite, the 10-inch pizza can be a satisfying option.
Bake vs broil pizza
Baking and broiling are two different cooking methods that can be used to cook pizza. Here are the main differences between baking and broiling pizza:
1. Baking: Baking is the most common method used to cook pizza. It involves cooking the pizza in a preheated oven at a set temperature. The pizza is placed on a baking sheet or pizza stone and cooked for a certain amount of time until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Baking allows for even cooking and can result in a crispy crust with a nicely melted topping. It is a more controlled and traditional method of cooking pizza.
2. Broiling: Broiling, on the other hand, involves cooking the pizza using direct heat from the oven’s broiler element. The broiler element is located at the top of the oven and produces intense heat. When broiling a pizza, the pizza is placed on the top rack of the oven closest to the broiler element. The heat from the broiler quickly cooks the top of the pizza, resulting in a charred and slightly crispy topping. Broiling is a quicker cooking method and can give the pizza a unique flavor and texture.
Choosing between baking and broiling depends on the desired outcome and personal preference. Baking is more common and allows for even cooking, while broiling can provide a quick and charred finish to the pizza. It’s important to note that broiling requires careful monitoring to prevent burning, as the intense heat can quickly cook the pizza.
Normal bake vs well done pizza
When it comes to baking pizza, the degree of doneness can vary depending on personal preference. Here’s a comparison between normal bake and well-done pizza:
1. Normal Bake: A normal bake refers to baking the pizza for the recommended time indicated in the recipe or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. This results in a pizza with a slightly chewy crust and a gooey, melty cheese topping. The center of the pizza may have a softer texture.
2. Well-Done Pizza: A well-done pizza is baked for a longer duration than a normal bake. This extra baking time gives the crust a crispier texture and a deeper golden color. The cheese may have a slightly browned appearance, and the overall pizza will have a firmer texture. Well-done pizza is favored by those who enjoy a crisper and more well-cooked crust.
Choosing between normal bake and well-done pizza depends on personal taste preferences. Some people enjoy the chewy and slightly softer texture of a normal bake, while others prefer the extra crispiness and deeper flavors of a well-done pizza. It’s worth experimenting with both methods to find the doneness level that you find most enjoyable.
Clean cut vs normal cut pizza
When it comes to cutting pizza, the terms “clean cut” and “normal cut” refer to different styles of slicing the pizza. Here’s a comparison between clean cut and normal cut pizza:
1. Clean Cut: A clean cut pizza is sliced using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter with a clean, smooth motion. The slices are neatly and evenly cut, resulting in distinct and uniform pizza slices. Clean cut pizza is often preferred for formal or special occasions where presentation is important. It gives the pizza a polished and professional look.
2. Normal Cut: A normal cut pizza is sliced using a regular knife or a pizza cutter in a more casual manner. The slices may vary slightly in shape and size, and the edges may not be as clean and straight as in a clean cut pizza. Normal cut pizza is commonly found in casual dining settings or when enjoying pizza in a more relaxed and informal setting.
The choice between clean cut and normal cut pizza depends on the occasion and personal preference. If you’re looking for a more polished and presentable presentation, a clean cut may be preferred. However, if you’re in a casual setting and prioritize convenience and ease of slicing, a normal cut works just fine.
Ultimately, the taste and enjoyment of the pizza are not affected by the cutting style. It’s all about personal preference and the atmosphere in which you are enjoying your pizza.
Homemade vegan Buffalo BBQ sauce recipe
Maybe you want to grab your favorite bbq sauce for this delicious vegan cheese pizza recipe…and that’s totally fine! But maybe you want to take your vegan Pizza Margarita to the next level and make your own homemade vegan BBQ Buffalo sauce…and that’s totally cool, too! Because I’ve been there and eaten that either way, and no matter how it was made the pizza was AMAZING!
Here’s a delicious and simple homemade vegan buffalo barbecue sauce recipe for you:
Plant based Buffalo barbecue sauce Ingredients:
– 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot or your preferred brand)
– 1/4 cup tomato sauce
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
– 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free option)
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste for spiciness)
– Salt and pepper to taste
How to make The best easy vegan buffalo barbecue sauce Instructions:
1. In a small saucepan, combine the hot sauce, tomato sauce, maple syrup or agave nectar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce or tamari, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine.
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer gently for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed by adding salt, pepper, or more cayenne pepper for spiciness.
4. Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool down completely. As it cools, the flavors will meld together and intensify.
5. Once the sauce has cooled, transfer it to a jar or airtight container and refrigerate it until ready to use. It will keep well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This vegan buffalo barbecue sauce is perfect for adding a spicy and tangy kick to your favorite dishes. Use it to coat vegan buffalo “wings,” drizzle it over roasted vegetables, or brush it onto grilled tofu or seitan. The possibilities are endless!
Enjoy the bold and zesty flavors of this homemade vegan buffalo barbecue sauce and elevate your dishes with its fiery goodness. Get ready to spice up your meals and satisfy your cravings for that classic buffalo flavor in a vegan-friendly way!
Ideas for using leftover pizza
There are several delicious ways to repurpose leftover vegan pizza. Here are some ideas:
1. Pizza Quesadillas: Place a pizza slice between two tortillas, add some vegan cheese and additional toppings if desired, and heat it in a pan until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crispy.
2. Pizza Grilled Cheese: Use two pizza slices as the bread for a vegan grilled cheese sandwich. Add some vegan cheese and any other desired fillings, then toast it in a pan until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
3. Pizza Salad: Chop up the leftover pizza into bite-sized pieces and use them as croutons in a salad. Toss the pizza pieces with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and your favorite dressing for a unique twist on a salad.
4. Pizza Wrap: Roll up the leftover pizza slice in a tortilla along with some fresh vegetables, vegan cheese, and your favorite sauce. Heat it in a pan or microwave until warmed through and the cheese is melted for a quick and tasty wrap.
5. Pizza Pasta: Chop the leftover pizza into small pieces and add them to cooked pasta along with some marinara sauce, vegetables, and vegan cheese. Mix everything together and heat it on the stovetop until heated through.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Feel free to get creative and adapt these suggestions based on your preferences and the toppings on your leftover vegan pizza. Enjoy your new culinary creations!
Yes, you can put pizza dough in the fridge. In fact, refrigerating pizza dough is a common practice and can have several benefits. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Retarding the Dough: Refrigerating pizza dough slows down the fermentation process, which can result in improved flavor development. The extended resting time in the fridge allows the dough to develop more complex flavors, resulting in a tastier crust.
2. Convenience: By refrigerating the dough, you can prepare it in advance and have it ready for use whenever you’re ready to make pizza. This is especially useful if you want to plan ahead or if you prefer to make the dough the day before to save time.
3. Dough Handling: Chilled dough is often easier to handle and shape. It’s less sticky and more elastic, making it easier to stretch and shape into your desired pizza crust.
1. After kneading and allowing the dough to rise for the initial period, place it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap or a damp cloth.
2. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let the dough rest and rise slowly for at least 24 hours or up to 72 hours.
3. When you’re ready to use the dough, remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before shaping and baking.
Remember to adjust the rise time and yeast quantity in your pizza dough recipe if you plan to refrigerate it, as the longer resting period will affect the yeast activity. Also, keep in mind that the dough will continue to rise slightly in the fridge, so make sure to use a container with enough room for expansion.
Refrigerating pizza dough is a great way to enhance the flavor and convenience of your homemade pizza. Give it a try and enjoy the benefits of having ready-to-use dough whenever you’re craving a delicious homemade pizza!
Yes, you can put pizza in an air fryer. Air frying pizza can be a convenient and efficient way to cook it, especially if you want a crispy crust and quick cooking time. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Preheat the Air Fryer: Start by preheating your air fryer to around 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes. This will ensure that the air fryer is hot and ready for cooking.
2. Prepare the Pizza: Place your pizza on a suitable-sized parchment paper or a perforated air fryer basket that fits inside the fryer. If your air fryer doesn’t have a non-stick surface, you can lightly spray the basket or parchment paper with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
3. Cook in Batches: If your air fryer is small, you may need to cook individual slices or small-sized pizzas. If you have a larger air fryer, you can cook a whole pizza at once.
4. Adjust Cooking Time: Cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the crust and the toppings. Start by cooking the pizza for about 5-8 minutes. Check on it periodically and adjust the cooking time accordingly. The crust should be crispy and golden brown, and the cheese should be melted and bubbly.
Air frying pizza tips
5. Monitor the Cooking Process: Keep an eye on the pizza as it cooks in the air fryer to prevent burning. You may need to rotate the pizza or adjust the temperature or cooking time based on your specific air fryer model.
6. Remove and Serve: Once the pizza is cooked to your desired level of crispiness, carefully remove it from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Air frying pizza can be a quick and convenient method, but keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ slightly from traditional oven-baked pizza. Experiment with different cooking times and temperatures to achieve your preferred results. Enjoy your homemade air-fried pizza!
FAQs – all your vegan cheese pizza questions answered
There are several vegan cheese options available that work well for pizza. Here are some popular choices:
1. Vegan Mozzarella Cheese: This is a classic choice for pizza and melts nicely. Look for brands that specifically mention “melting” or “shredding” on the packaging to ensure it performs well.
2. Vegan Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar-style vegan cheeses can add a tangy and savory flavor to your pizza. They can be used alone or combined with other vegan cheeses for a more complex taste.
3. Vegan Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan-style vegan cheeses are great for adding a sprinkle of umami and a hint of saltiness to your pizza. They can be used as a topping or added after baking.
4. Vegan Cream Cheese: Cream cheese-style vegan options can provide a creamy and slightly tangy texture to your pizza. They work well in combination with other vegan cheeses or as a base for white sauce.
5. Vegan Cheese Blends: Many brands offer pre-shredded or pre-mixed blends of vegan cheeses specifically formulated for pizza. These blends often combine different flavors and textures to create a more authentic cheesy experience.
When choosing vegan cheese, consider factors such as meltability, flavor, and texture. It’s a good idea to try different brands and types to find the ones you enjoy the most. Keep in mind that vegan cheeses may have different melting properties compared to dairy cheese, so adjust your cooking time and temperature accordingly. Enjoy creating delicious and satisfying vegan pizzas with these cheese options!
To reheat pizza in an air fryer, follow these simple steps:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
2. Place the leftover pizza slices in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overlapping.
3. Cook the pizza slices in the air fryer for about 3-4 minutes. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
4. Check the pizza slices to see if they are heated through and the cheese is melted. If needed, you can cook them for an additional minute or two.
5. Once heated to your desired temperature, remove the pizza slices from the air fryer using tongs or a spatula.
6. Let the pizza slices cool for a moment before enjoying.
Reheating pizza in an air fryer can help restore crispiness to the crust while keeping the toppings warm. Remember to adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the pizza slices and your personal preference. Enjoy your reheated pizza!
To store leftover pizza properly and maintain its freshness, follow these steps:
1. Cool the Pizza: Allow the pizza to cool down to room temperature before storing. This helps prevent moisture buildup and keeps the crust from becoming soggy.
2. Wrap or Cover: Wrap the individual pizza slices tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can keep the whole pizza in its original box or transfer it to a large airtight container.
3. Refrigerate or Freeze: If you plan to consume the leftover pizza within a few days, store it in the refrigerator. It can be kept there for up to 3-4 days. If you want to extend its shelf life, you can freeze the pizza. Wrap each slice separately in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. Frozen pizza can be stored for up to 2-3 months.
4. Reheating: When you’re ready to eat the leftover pizza, you can reheat it in the oven, toaster oven, microwave, or air fryer. The preferred method varies based on personal preference and equipment availability. Reheat at a moderate temperature until the cheese is melted and the crust is warmed through.
Note: It’s important to mention that reheated pizza may not have the same crispiness as when it was freshly baked, but it can still be enjoyable.
By following these storage tips, you can keep your leftover pizza fresh and ready for future consumption.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave us a review below and let us know how it turned out 🙂
Vegan Chickpea BBQ Pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1 cup (165 grams) Chickpeas Drained
- 1½ tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup (60 grams) Vegan BBQ Sauce
- ½ Red Onion Sliced
- ¼ cup (28 grams) Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup (28 grams) Vegan Cheddar Cheese Grated
- ½ cup (120 grams) Cannellini Beans Drained
- 1½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Optional
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of dried Chili Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) to ensure it's nice and hot for baking the pizza.
- In a blender, combine the drained cannellini beans, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, chili flakes, and optional nutritional yeast. Blend until the beans form a creamy sauce consistency, adding a touch of water if needed for smoother blending. This white bean sauce will add a delicious and creamy base to your pizza.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the drained chickpeas with olive oil and sriracha sauce until the chickpeas are coated in the flavorful sauce. This will give the chickpeas a spicy kick.
- Roll out your pizza dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to create a flat and even surface for your pizza.
- Spread a generous layer of vegan BBQ sauce over the pizza dough, leaving about ½ inch of the edges uncovered. This tangy sauce will infuse the pizza with rich flavor.
- Spoon the white bean sauce onto the pizza, spreading it evenly over the BBQ sauce. This creamy sauce will add depth of flavor and a velvety texture to the pizza.
- Arrange the spicy chickpeas and sliced red onions on top of the sauces. The chickpeas will provide a meaty texture and added protein, while the red onions contribute a delicious crunch and slight sweetness.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of vegan mozzarella cheese over the toppings. This will melt beautifully and add a cheesy, gooey element to the pizza.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden and cooked to your liking. Keep an eye on the pizza as cooking times may vary.
- Once baked, remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool slightly before cutting into slices. This will ensure the toppings stay intact and make it easier to handle.
- Serve your delicious vegan BBQ chickpea pizza and enjoy the flavorful combination of tangy BBQ sauce, creamy white bean sauce, spicy chickpeas, and crispy onions.By following these steps, you'll create a scrumptious vegan pizza that is sure to delight your taste buds. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying meal!