This chocolate cake doesn’t mess around. It is exactly what it’s name implies; a Divine Chocolate Cake Without flour. It’s texture is soft, light and everything I am looking for in a cake, yet it somehow manages to be completely gluten free.
I don’t know about you, but most of my experience with cakes without flour hasn’t been great – let’s just say, that none of them have ever made it onto my favorite list, and they certainly won’t make it onto this blog.
But this cake proves that gluten free chocolate cake can be just as delicious as regular chocolate cake.
Not only do this flourless chocolate cake have the most amazing texture, it’s also got a deep and rich taste of chocolate. Everyone loves this cake and it’s spongy texture.
The thing about nuts and chocolate is, that they work so well together. Nuts and chocolate seem to love each other and always brings out the best in each other. It’s a match made in heaven.
What’s great about this cake:
- It’s so easy and simple to make
- Few ingredients that create a great cake
- Can be made a day in advance
- Spongy and delicious texture
- Kinda healthy (I mean, it’s mostly nuts right?)
Making this cake is so easy – 30 minutes in the kitchen and the rest is just anticipation while the cake bakes away in the oven. I love serving this cake with vanilla ice cream and mixed fresh berries coated with a little lime zest and a dusting of sugar.
Divine Chocolate Cake Without Flour
- 1½ cup Almond Flour
- 1½ cup Hazelnuts
- 8.8 oz Butter
- 7 oz Dark Chocolate
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Cold Water
- 2 tbsp Chocolate flakes or Powdered sugar
- 1. Pour the hazelnuts into a foodprocessor and blizt until they are finely chopped/pulverized2. Melt the butterand chocolate in a bowl over a waterbath with boiling water.3. Divide the eggs into whites and yolks in seperate bowls4. Whisk the yolks together with the sugar and vanilla powder, until it’s thick and foaming using a mixer5. Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they are stiff6. Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the hazelnuts and almond flour and mix together well. Now, pour the nut mix into the egg yolk mass and stir gently together. Then pour in the beaten egg whites a little at a time, and stir it gently together.7. Line an 8-inch baking dish with baking paper and pour in the cake batter.8. Bake the cake at 350 Fahrenheit for around 40 minutes or until it’s just baked. Let it cool.9. For the glazing: Stir together powdered sugar and cacao powder and mix it with the water until it reaches a thick and creamy consistensy. Cover the cool cake with the glazing before sprinkling chocolate flakes or powdered sugar on top.Serve with ice cream and fresh berries.