This One Pot Vegan Vegetable Curry is one of my favorite easy comfort food recipes. I love the simpleness of ingredients mixed with the hot flavors of curry and garam masala and the cooling and creamy coconut milk. This recipe delivers on all the textures and flavors.
It’s packed with healthy veggies – and it’s pretty low-calorie too…not to mention budget friendly.
There’s nothing better than fresh zucchinis, carrots with just a little bit of bite, soft chickpeas and creamy coconut milk. It all combines to one amazing dish.
It’s crazy how summer is already turning into autumn – I don’t know where the time went these past few months but I do know I’m in full comfort food mode already. I’m already craving warmer flavors and planning autumn recipes.
Why I love one pot meals
Okay, so I’ll let you in on a little secret. I love to cook, love to eat, but I really don’t like cleaning tons of pots and pans afterwards. I’m always on the search for ways and recipes to minimize the cooking mess I make and that’s why I love coming up with one pot recipes. One pot meals are so easy – not only because they only require the focus on that one pot but also because they don’t leave you with tons of dirty pots to clean.
What’s great about this One Pot Vegan Vegetable Curry
- Vegan, Gluten free, Soy free and nut free
- Very easy to substitute any veggies for whatever you happen to have on hand
- Super quick and easy one pot recipe that won’t leave a lot of cleaning up to do
This recipe makes it really easy to switch out any veggies and replace it with whatever you want. Try using sweet potatoes instead of carrots, spring onions or leeks instead of the onions or adding chopped cilantro and peas or using chili to make it more spicy. There’s no limit to what you can do with this dish and no going wrong.
Serving this One pot Vegan Vegetable Curry
I like to serve this vegan vegetable curry with cooked brown rice and my thyme pancakes or easy rye bread. It also works really well with couscous, mashed potatoes or even as a pasta sauce. The possibilities are endless.
One pot Vegan Vegetable Curry
- 3 cups Zucchini Chunks
- 2 medium Carrots Diced
- 1 can Chickpeas Drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut into chunks
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Cut into chunks
- 1 big Onion Finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Marsala
- 1 tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or pot and throw in the chopped carrots and zucchinis. Let them cook at medium high heat for 2 minutes while stirring before adding the chopped peppers and chopped onions.
- Let everything cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Next, season with curry powder, garam masala, soy sauce, salt, pepper and green curry paste. Combine everything before also stirring in the garlic. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes before pouring in the coconut milk.
- Let the dish simmer for 7-10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot along with brown rice. If you want you can also add a dollop of coconut yoghurt and chopped fresh cilantro before serving.