This easy rye bread recipe is so tasty and meal prep friendly. It’s a great and easy bread for breakfast and lunch. And it has a wonderful and light texture that locks in the moisture.
I love using this bread for lunch sandwiches. It’s a healthy alternative to traditional sandwich bread, and it’s just as delicious.
I’m always on the lookout for new and bread recipes that I can use to make a healthy sandwich. Although regular sandwich bread has its place, I tend to prefer a healthy version – but I’m not willing to compromise on lightness and taste.
One of the problems I often find with regular sandwich bread is, that it tends to go stale very quickly. This bread has solved that issue – it’s just as great the next day.
What’s great about this bread:
- Meal prep friendly – can be frozen
- Easy to make and very healthy
- The ideal healthy sandwich bread
If you want to make a vegan version of this rye bread, just substitude the buttermilk for soy yoghurt. It creates a wonderful texture and taste that closely resembles the buttermilk.
Easy Rye Bread
- 0.8 oz Yeast
- 3 cups Buttermilk or Soy Milk
- 1 Beer
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 7 cup Rye Flour
- 4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1. pour the buttermilk into a large bowl and mix in the yeast until it’s dissolved. Add beer, salt and half of the rye flour. Stir together well and begin slowly adding the rest of the rye flower and the all purpose flour, while mixing well. Knead the bread well, before covering it with a clean cloth and leaving it to rise for 2 hours.2. Knead the dough once more. Drizzle flour onto a clean work surface and gently pour the dough onto it. Form the dough into a thick sausage, and cut it into 20 equal sized pieces. Put the dough pieces onto a baking sheet that’s covered with baking parchment.3. Bake the mini rye breads in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. 4. After 20 minutes, take the mini rye breads out of the oven and leave them to cool.