Are you looking for a delicious vegan patty recipe with a kick of flavor. Then this vegan Chickpea and Brown rise patties recipe is for you.
These patties are incredibly crunchy on the outside, yet soft and fluffy on the inside. Plus they are a great source of veggie proteins. And unlike a lot of other chickpea patties, these ones won’t crumble and fall apart.
One of the things I love about this recipe, is the freshness and exotic flavors it has. That’s in part thanks to the fresh basil, peanut butter and lemon grass. You won’t believe how amazing they taste until you try them (but be warned, they’re so good you may find yourself addicted).
I love to play around with this recipe, and substitute the fresh basil for cilantro or thyme and even adding dried tomatoes to give them more of a mediterranean flavor.
What’s great about this recipe:
- Super easy to make – you can just throw all the ingredients in a foodprocessor and blend. That’s it!
- Ideal for meal prep. They can be pre made and frozen for later. It doesn’t get any easier than that
- Very healthy and packed with veggie proteins, vitamins and minerals.
I love using these crowdpleasers in burgers, making them into sticks and eating them as appetizers or serving them as patties with stuffed potatoes and salad…and the list goes on. The possibilites are endless, but they are all so delcious.
These easy to make vegan patties are packed with flavour. Try them on the BBQ for a delicious and easy summer meal, or cook them on the stove. You can’t go wrong with these crispy heavenly mouthfuls.
Vegan chickpea and brown rice patties
- 1 14 oz can Chickpeas Drained and mashed
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 small Zucchini Grated
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Chopped
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 stick Lemon Grass Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup Brown Rice Flour
- ½ cup Quick oats (gluten free if you need it)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Almond Flour (or bread crumbs)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and mash them in a foodprocessor. Add all the rest of the ingredients and whizz until everything is blended. Use two spoons to form 6-8 patties (or sticks if you want to use these more as appetizers). Dip the patties in almond flour until they are completely coated. Fry in a pan for 3-5 minutes on each side at medium high heat. Alternatively, you can cook these on the BBQ for 10 minutes at 400F Or bake them in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes or until they are golden on the outside and crispy. Extra notes: Freezer friendly