This might just be the best easy vegan grilled zucchini burger recipe you will ever try. It’s delicious, packed with bbq flavours and so good it will make a meat lover forget it’s vegan.
Plus, it’s super quick and easy to make.
Grilled zucchini is always on my top 5 favourite list, because it’s delicious and soaks up all the seasonings in the best way. Not to mention the way the seasonings lightly caramelise and becomes crispy and irresistible when you grill zucchini. All I can say is; yum. There’s no other words to describe grilled squash.
The top 7 best things about the best easy vegan grilled zucchini burger:
- Easy and simple to make
- Delicious – think crispy caramelised and mouth-watering on the outside, but still soft and silky on the inside
- Healthy and full of nutrients
- Low in calories
- Ideal for barbecues, picnics, parties as well as everyday dinners
- A crowdpleaser recipe
What seasonings should you use
I like to use my favourite homemade spice mix, but if you have a favourite bbq spice mix you can just as easily use that one. The secret to a delicious grilled zucchini is adding enough olive oil and plenty of spices. The spices makes all the difference, and you want to be very generous with them.
Making the burger
A good burger is as much a matter of personal preference, so in this instance I will recommend that you assemble your burger with all your favourite burger fillings and add the grilled zucchini on top. But of course I’ll still give you my own personal favourite way to serve this burger. Just keep in mind that I like my burgers with lots of filling and flavours.
You can make your burger as simple or luxurious as you prefer.
Here’s some burger fillings that work really well with and compliment the grilled zucchini:
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Vegan pesto
- My Maltese salsa (recipe attached at bottom of page)
- Grilled tomatoes
- Any type of lettuce
- My lentil aubergine salad (yum)
- Grilled bell peppers
- Other grilled veggies
My favourite way to serve these vegan grilled squash burgers:
Lightly toast or grill your burger buns. Spread a dollop of cashew garlic cream cheese on the bottom burger bun. If I’m really in the mood to make my burger EXTRA, I spread vegan pesto on the top burger bun at this stage to add extra flavour to the burger.
Next, add a tablespoon of my Maltese salsa and spread it out. Top with the grilled zucchini and place the top burger bun on top.
Serve and enjoy all the yumminess.
How are the best easy vegan grilled squash burgers made? It’s very easy. Just:
The Best Easy Vegan Grilled Zucchini Burger recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Burger Buns
- 1 large Zucchini
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Greek Spice Mix or your favorite spice mix
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Burger fillings: (optional)
- 2 tbsp Vegan Garlic Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Vegan Pesto
- 4 tbsp Maltese Salsa or your favorite salsa
- Rinse the zucchinis and pat them dry with a clean towel. Cut the ends off, and slice the zucchinis lengthwise into quarter inch thick slices.
- Brush the zucchini slices with olive oil and bbq sauce on both sides and season generously with the greek spice mix and a little salt.
- Grill the zucchini on a grill, BBQ or on a grill pan for around 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the zucchini are starting to become golden and char lightly at the edges.
- While the zucchini is grilling, lightly toast or grill your burger buns. Spread a dollop of cashew garlic cream cheese on the bottom burger bun.
- Next, spread vegan pesto on the top burger bun at this stage to add extra flavour to the burger.
- Finally, add a tablespoon of my Maltese salsa and spread it out. Top with the grilled zucchini and place the top burger bun on top. Serve and enjoy all the yumminess.
If you are looking to find your new favourite salsa recipe, try my Maltese salsa. It’s deliciously tasty…almost too tasty because once you start eating it, you won’t want to stop.
- 4 cups tin tomatoes – chopped and peeled
- 1 clove Garlic Finely diced
- 2 Red Onions Chopped
- 2 tbsp Applecider Vinegar
- 1 Pickled Green Chili Finely diced
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan and heat it. When hot, add the red onions and cook at medium heat for a few minutes – stir occassionally. When the onions are softened, add the garlic, green chili and tomatoes. Add salt and sugar and stir everything together. Let the salsa simmer at low heat until most of the sauce has thickened.Take of the heat and pour into a container.Can be seerved hot or cold, and will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Are you looking for more delicious burger recipes? Try my amazing vegan spicy lentil burger or my amazing vegan beetroot burgers here