This easy Authentic Spanish white Bean salad is naturally vegan and also doubles as a healthy Mediterranean diet salad as well as a vegetarian Keto recipe. It’s satisfying, peppery and will keep you feeling full for longer. And it takes only minutes to make. You can never have enough easy tasty side dish recipes, right? And this authentic and naturally vegan white bean salad is not just ready in minutes…it’s also loaded with spicy tomato flavors, buttery soft beans and topped with fresh herbs. It’s a full nutritional powerhouse in one super easy salad.Jump to Recipe
If you like an easy, buttery, peppery, and mouthwateringly tasty Authentic Spanish White Bean salad that only takes minimal effort to make then this is your dream recipe. Think chewy white beans coated in a peppery garlic tomato sauce garnished with fresh parsley. It doesn’t get much easier than this quick ready-in-minutes vegan and gluten-free Mediterranean Bean salad. Made with only a few kitchen pantry stables such as canned white beans and canned diced tomatoes, it’s a great last-minute go-to recipe that will fool everyone into thinking you had it planned in advance.
Who says salads have to be boring? Definitely not me, and this salad is anything but boring. Although it’s made using only white beans, canned tomatoes, spices, and fresh herbs it somehow packs all the flavors of Spain and warm holidays into one easy dish. It can be served both hot and cold and the flavors and textures go well with just about any main dish.
Super simple healthy bean salad
When I say this easy Spanish white bean salad is simple to make, I mean it requires no actual cooking skills. Anyone can make this and create a tasty salad that will make everyone want seconds.
What’s great about this Easy Vegan Authentic White Bean salad recipe:
- Meal prep friendly
- Easy to make – requires no cooking skills
- Ready in minutes
- Can be served both hot and cold
- Goes well with almost any main dish
- Loaded with plant-based protein
- Full of healthy immune system boosting nutrients
- Both kids and adults adore this salad
- Can be used as a dip
- Makes a great simple lunch
- Works all year round
Cupboard salad recipe
I call this a cupboard salad recipe because it’s made using primarily canned ingredients, such as canned beans and canned tomatoes. It makes it a great easy salad because you don’t have to go out and get a ton of different vegetables. You can even use dried herbs if you prefer, although I think using fresh herbs for garnish takes the simple salad to the next flavor level.
So, let’s take a quick look at the ingredients you need to make Authentic White Bean salad:
- 2 15oz can white beans
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (or alternatively 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more if needed)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
And that’s it. Apart from the fresh parsley, everything can be found in your pantry. It’s a quick, easy, I-haven’t-thought-dinner-through-and-now-I-don’t-need-to recipe that saves the day with its tastiness every single time.
How to make Authentic Mediterranean Bean Salad:
Making this authentic vegan Mediterranean bean salad couldn’t be simpler. It takes minutes to make, so let’s take a look at how it’s done.
Heat olive oil in a pan and add the minced or finely chopped garlic. Let the garlic cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally for a minute. Next, pour the canned tomatoes contents into the pan and add the red wine vinegar and all the seasonings.
Stir together before adding the drained beans to the pan. Mix everything and taste test. Add extra salt if needed at this point (and add chili sauce for extra spiciness if you want it spicier).
Turn the heat down to low and let the salad cook for a minute. Pour the salad into a salad bowl and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
That’s it. This mouthwatering salad is ready to eat and it didn’t even take 10-minutes to make.
Frequently asked questions:
Can I use different types of beans in this salad?
Absolutely. You can use any type of cooked beans you prefer, and even mix different types of beans. Mixing beans such as black beans or kidney beans into the salad makes the dish even more colorful. So, if you don’t have white beans, or just want to try something different, just use whatever type of beans you have in your pantry.
Beans that work well in bean salads are:
- White beans
- Butter beans, or cannellini beans
- Kidney beans or red beans
- Black beans
How can I add more spice to the salad?
You can add a teaspoon of harissa or chili sauce to the salad to add extra spice.
Can I make bean salad the day before serving?
Yes, absolutely. Just store the salad in a clean airtight container with a sealed lid and you can easily make the salad the day before.
Is it okay to use other herbs?
Yes, absolutely. You can easily substitute the fresh parsley for fresh basil or even cilantro. Or you can leave it out altogether if you don’t have fresh herbs available. Just sprinkle with a heaping of dried basil and this salad will still taste amazing.
Authentic Spanish White Bean Salad (vegan)
- 2 15oz cans White Beans Rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can Crushed Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced (or alternatively 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Thyme Dried or fresh
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea salt or Kosher Salt
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the minced or finely chopped garlic. Let the garlic cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally for a minute.
- Next, pour the canned tomatoes contents into the pan and add the red wine vinegar and all the seasonings.Stir together before adding the drained beans to the pan. Mix everything and taste test. Add extra salt if needed at this point (and add chili sauce for extra spiciness if you want it spicier).
- Turn the heat down to low and let the salad cook for a minute. Pour the salad into a salad bowl and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.Serve and enjoy.
Are you looking for more easy and delicious simple salads or side dishes? You might like these:
- The best easy vegan grape and cucumber salad (vegan Waldorf salad recipe)
- The best easy vegan Greek Salad
- Easy vegan Mexican Salsa salad recipe