This might just be the best Easy Greek salad recipe ever because it’s made using only easy to get ingredients and it’s absolutely loaded with mediterranean flavours. Think sweet and flavourful tomatoes, fresh basil, olives and red onions all mixed together to become one of the tastiest salads known to mankind.
It’s no secret that I absolutely adore anything Greece and Mediterranean. The flavours of the mediterranean kitchen is unparalleled and oh so tasty. This salad tastes of summer, vacations and the mediterranean.
It’s a super quick and easy healthy salad that can be served as a side dish or a main course.
What’s great about this Easy Greek Salad recipe:
- Easy and quick to make
- Made with simple ingredients that pack a lot of flavour
- Can be served as a side dish or main
- Low calorie
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals
- Vegan, gluten-free and soy free
Can I add cheese?
Yes, you can absolutely add vegan cheese or any other type of cheese or cheese substitute you want. This recipe doesn’t really need cheese, but you can always add it if you want a hit of cheesy flavours. Optionally, you can also use silken tofu to add a bit of that same coolness as mozzarella cheese.
How to serve the best easy Greek Salad
You can serve this delicious greek salad as a side dish (I recommend serving this salad with my mouthwatering kidney bean skewers) or you can serve it as a main dish with a side of bread. I also like to make this easy salad as a quick and healthy lunch at least a couple of times a week, because it’s so incredibly tasty…and healthy too.
This recipe will serve four people as a side dish and two people as a main dish.
How is this Easy Greek Salad made? It’s very straightforward. Just:
- Dice the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and cucumber into 1-inch slices and pour into a salad bowl. Add the fresh and rinsed mixed salad and toss together. Slice the olives thinly or serve them whole if you prefer (just be sure to remove any pits).
- Next, dice the red onions and add to the salad along with the olives.
- Grab a small bowl and use a fork or thick to whisk together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Next, grab the fresh basil and rinse it. Once the basil is rinsed, gently dry it with a clean cloth or paper towel before chopping the basil roughly.
- Add the chopped basil to the salad and toss together. Add extra seasoning if needed.
- Serve with a side of bread and enjoy.
I like to serve my salad topped with my favourite healthy oven roasted and dried cranberries salad topping…but you can just as easily leave that out. This amazing salad topping adds extra crunch and texture to the salad – and the almonds adds extra healthy fatty acids.
The Best Easy Greek Salad (vegan)
- 2 cups Mixed Salad Rinsed
- 1 pound Tomatoes Diced
- 1 pound Cucumber Diced
- 10-15 Olives Sliced
- ½ Red Onion Diced
- 5 Sun dried Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil Chopped
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Add all the diced and sliced ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Mix the dressing in a small bowl and pour over the salad. Toss salad together and sprinkle with extra basil on top. Serve as a side and enjoy.