Are you ready for a crunchy salad packed with delicious vegetables? Then this Easy Black Beans Crunch Salad recipe is the one for you.
I love easy recipes, and this one is definitely that. Plus, it’s filled with delicious textures. The black beans and creamy avocados adds softness and creaminess, while the bell peppers and chickpeas adds a little crunch.
To boost all the flavors, and give it a hint of nuts and just a tad of sweetness, I made a simple sesame oil dressing. It’s the little secret ingredient that makes this gem of a recipe stand out.
This is actually one of my favorite lunch salads, because it’s a full meal in one. It’s the whole package, really.
Packed with balanced proteins, healthy fats, lots of vitamins and loaded with extra vitamin C – it doesn’t get much better.
And as if that wasn’t already great, you can actually make this in advance.
If I know I’m in for a really busy day, I will make the salad the day before, and just add the avocados the same morning (because I have a thing about avocados that aren’t fresh). It’s so easy to make and tastes amazing. Plus it’s super easy to just pour into a bowl and bring with you wherever you go. And the best part is, you can eat it guilt free and know that you covered all your nutritional needs while still getting a delicious and satisfying meal.
This recipe goes great with everything. I love using it for dinner recipes as a side dish. But you can use it for any meal. It works amazing with kimchi and rice as a breakfast bowl, with falafel, with my green pea nuggets, Kidney Bean Skewers, and the list goes on. Basically, it will work with anything you can imagine.
What’s to love about this Easy Black Beans Crunch Salad With Sesame Dressing:
- Super easy and simple to make
- It can be made in advance and is great to-go because it’s so easy to pack up and take with you
- As the name implies, the amazing crunch along with the soft, fresh and creamy textures makes this salad a crowdpleaser
- Packed full of delicious tastes, this is loaded with all the flavors – freshness from the lemon and parsley, sweetness from the bell peppers, avocados and sesame oil, coolness from the avocados and zucchini and just everall filled with deliciousness
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals, this is one healthy dish
Easy Black Beans Crunch Salad With Sesame Dressing
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Chickpeas Cooked
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 2 Avocados Cut into chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Red Onion Sliced
- 2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Bunch of Fresh Parsley
- Pinch of dried Chili flakes
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Lemon – Juice From
- Pinch of Salt
- Drain the water from the black beans and chickpeas and rinse them. Pour the rinsed black beans and chickpeas into a bowl and set aside. Rinse the zucchini and cut off the ends. Cut the zucchini into medium thin slices. Rinse the red and yellow bell peppers and cut out the seeds. Cut the bell peppers into slices. Peel the red onion and cut it in half. Now, cut the red onion halves into thin slices. Pour olive oil into a skillet and heat it. Add the zucchini slices, bell pepper slices and red onion. Let it cook at medium high heat until the onions have softened and the zucchini is golden. Add a pinch of salt and thyme and stir everything together. Once cooked, pour the veggies into the black beans mix and stir together. Next, cut open the avocados and get rid of the pit. Cut the avocado meat into large chunks and mix gently into the salad. In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, sesame oil, salt and juice from 1 lemon. Pour over the salad and mix together. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.