Easy summer salad, because there’s nothing better on a hot sumer day than a fresh salad loaded with delicious veggies. Am I right?
I’m all about combining quick and easy summer cooking with flavorful dishes – beacause summer should be full of all the things we love. And food. Lots of delicious food!
I call this recipe “Easy summer salad”, but I could just as wll have named it “Super quick, no hassle, loaded with goodness, vegan couscous salad” because that’s really what it is.
What’s great about this recipe:
- Super quick and easy. It barely takes 10 minutes to make (ideal for lazy summer people like me)
- Packed full of healthy veggie proteins and loaded with delicious flavors
- Ideal for meal prep, summer dinners, summer parties and lunch the next day. Yum
- It’s a great anything-you-have-on-hand recipe – mix it up and use whatever veggies or spices you have in the kitchen.
Easy Summer Salad (vegan)
Couscous Salad Base
- 1 cup Couscous Uncooked
- 1¼ cup Vegetable Broth Warm
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
For the Couscous
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 large Tomatoes
- ½ cup Kidney Beans
- ½ cup Butter Beans
- ½ cup Chickpeas
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 bunch Red Onion
- ½ Lemon – juice from
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Begin by bringing the veggie broth to a boil. In a large bowl, add the uncooked couscous and cover with the veggie broth. Add the seasoning and cover completely and set aside while the couscous cooks. About 5 minutes. Let the couscous cool a little. In the mean time, rinse the cucumber and cut it into cubes. Rinse the tomatoes and chop into cubes before finely chopping the red onion. Drain the water from the beans and chickpeas and add them to the couscous. Add the chopped veggies and stir everything together. Mix the ingredients for the dressing together and pour it over the couscous salad. Gently stir everything together and season with chopped fresh basil before serving.