Elegant, luxe, luscious, and only 5-ingredients. This easy quick zucchini pasta with deliciously creamy feta cheese is AMAZING. Loaded with tender zucchini, creamy feta cheese, twirly spaghetti, and crunchy roasted pine nuts it’s a great date night or summer recipe that’s also meal prep friendly. Yum!Jump to Recipe
Say hello to this Quick Zucchini Pasta with Feta. Featuring a big plate of tender twirly, steamy spaghetti wrapped in creamy feta and piled high with summer squash, crunchy roasted pine nuts, and sprinkled with fresh basil.
This easy zucchini pasta is a crunchy, summery, steamy, garlicky, luxe, and totally satisfying Italian spaghetti recipe that never lets you down.
It’s my go-to summer pasta recipe when I don’t have time to plan ahead because I usually have all the ingredients I need already in my kitchen. Plus, it’s a total bowl of pure deliciousness. Yes, it’s a simple recipe. But it’s also a mouthwatering garlicky, creamy vegetarian pasta that only takes 20-minutes to make – which means a super satisfying meal is on the way from the kitchen to your lips in no time.
Also, it’s a great quick healthy-ish dinner that you can serve in less than 25-minutes. And did I mention it’s a crowd-pleaser that can double as a date night pasta?
Why you need to make this zucchini spaghetti with creamy feta
If I didn’t already convince you that you need to make this pasta when I mentioned creamy feta here are more reasons
- Easy to make
- Only requires 5 main ingredients – pasta, zucchini, feta, and pine nuts
- Meal prep friendly – you can easily prepare this pasta in advance and reheat it later before serving
- Great vegetarian date night recipe
- Can be gluten-free
Meal prep-friendly pasta recipe
We all need an easy dinner once in a while and this spaghetti with squash is just that. It only takes 20-minutes to prepare and it’s freezer friendly. Make a double or triple portion and pop the leftovers in the freezer for another time. Once you’re ready to eat the leftovers, simply drizzle a little olive oil on top, add a little water, cover with tin foil and reheat at 400F for 30-minutes or until the pasta is heated all the way through.
Or take a shortcut and reheat your pasta in the microwave for a super easy and super tasty quick healthy vegetarian dinner.
Let’s dive right into the deliciousness because I know you want to get to the good stuff.
What ingredients do you need to make easy zucchini pasta
- Feta cheese
- Fresh basil
- Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
That’s about it. This easy squash recipe is a really simple and really delicious pasta that doesn’t require a ton of work or ingredients.
How to make zucchini pasta
To make this recipe you’re going to be working with two spots. One frying pan and one pot. And when I say working I mean that very loosely because this recipe more or less takes care of itself.
- First step: get a pot of water boiling and cook the pasta as instructed on the packaging.
- Step two: heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add your sliced zucchini and finely chopped garlic. Cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally for a few minutes. When the pasta is nearly ready add the feta to the pan and use a spoon or spatula to break it into smaller chunks. Pour the cooked pasta and excess water into the pan and toss everything to combine.
- Top with pine nuts and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss again until the spaghetti is coated in feta and everything is combined.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to make roasted pine nuts
Heat a non-stick pan and gently place the pine nuts on it in an even layer. Let the nuts roast until they just begin to turn golden. Stir the nuts and let them roast until they are evenly golden brown on each side.
Remove the nuts from the heat and pour them onto a clean plate or paper towel and allow them to cool.
Store the roasted pine nuts in a sealed container.
Are you looking for more delicious easy pasta recipes? You might like some of these crowd pleasers:
- Easy Greek baked feta tomato pasta
- Vegan Date Night Chanterelle Pasta
- Quick 3-ingredients Leeks, Lemon, and Rosemary pasta
- Vegan Summer Pasta salad with Grapes
Frequently asked questions
You can get vegan feta cheese at the grocery store or substitute the feta cheese with silken tofu. The silken tofu won’t be quite as creamy, so you may need to add a couple of extra tablespoons of olive oil to make the consistency deliciously silky.
Just substitute the regular pasta with gluten-free spaghetti or gluten-free linguine. You can use your favorite type of gluten-free pasta or try one of these gluten-free options:
– Lentil spaghetti
– Rice spaghetti noodles
– Chickpea spaghetti
– Cornflour spaghetti
Yes. This pasta is great when it’s reheated. You can freeze any leftovers, or just keep them for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Simply add a little olive oil or water to the dish and cover with tinfoil before heating again and the pasta should come back to life.
There are just around 480 calories per serving in this zucchini feta pasta.
Quick zucchini pasta with feta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ pound Uncooked Spaghetti Gluten-free if needed
- 2 medium Zucchini thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 4-5 tbsp Roasted Pine Nuts
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Chopped
- ½ tsp Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti as instructed on the packaging. Drain leaving 1/2 inch of water and with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add your sliced zucchini and finely chopped garlic. Cook at medium-high heat while stirring occasionally for a few minutes.
- When the pasta is nearly ready add the feta to the pan and use a spoon or spatula to break it into smaller chunks. Pour the cooked pasta and excess water into the pan and toss everything to combine.
- Top with pine nuts and basil and season with salt and pepper.Toss again until the spaghetti is coated in feta and everything is combined.Serve and enjoy.