The best Vegan Asian Cucumber salad. Hello crunchy cucumber, red onions, fresh herbs, roasted nuts, and spices. Your regular salad just got a major delicious overhaul.Jump to Recipe
This might just be the best vegan Thai Cucumber salad ever. I’m not just saying that. It’s something I hear over and over again every time I serve this spicy crunchy salad. This salad pretty much has it all. Imagine fresh juicy and crunchy cucumbers wrapped in a spicy chili dressing, and topped with crunchy roasted nuts, sesame seeds, and fresh herbs.
The days of drab and dreary salads are gone. This spicy Thai salad has come to take over as the new king of chopped salads. Bring it to every potluck, get-together, or just make it for your own family to enjoy as a super tasty hydrating spicy salad that everyone will adore.
Cucumbers are one of my favorite summer vegetables because they’re so fresh, cooling and light. It’s like a shower for your soul…but cucumbers don’t really have that much flavor in themselves. It doesn’t take much to take cucumbers from ordinary to amazing spicy and fresh deliciousness.
The secret to a delicious Asian Sesame cucumber salad
The trick to making really come-back-for-seconds amazing cucumber salad all lies in the spices. We’re talking garlicky, savory, Asian spices that dance on your tongue. For the very best and crispiest results you should use cold cucumbers that have been stored in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours.
Let’s start with the basics because this easy salad only requires very few ingredients for a maximum flavor impact.
- Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- Red onion
- Sesame seeds
- Roasted Peanuts or almonds
- Fresh herbs
- Sesame oil
- Sweet chili sauce
That’s it. It only takes minutes to make and tastes so good. I could eat it for lunch and dinner and everything in between. In fact, I just finished a bowlful of this quick salad before I sat down to write this post.
Meal prep friendly cucumber sesame salad
As if this salad wasn’t already great it actually gets even better. And that’s because it’s also a meal prep, store it in a jar and take with you on the go kinda salad. It’s a great healthy summer salad you can make in advance. So, next time you need a healthy and tasty salad to go, just jar this cucumber salad up and you’re all set.
What you get in this 10-minute amazing Asian Salad
- A super convenient store in a jar and bring with you on the go salad
- Quick and easy make-in-minutes salad recipe
- All the flavors – spicy, crunchy, nutty, and delicious
- Meal prep friendly – make it in advance and store it in a jar, ready to eat
- A quick and healthy nutritional lunch
- Makes a super tasty spicy side dish that goes well with any main meal
How to make the best Asian Cucumber salad with sesame seeds
Making Asian cucumber salad is a breeze. Just follow these four simple steps and you will be munching on your spicy salad in less than 10 minutes.
Step 1. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, minced garlic, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.
Step 2. Cut the ends off the cucumbers and slice them lengthwise down the center. Cut the cucumbers into medium-thin slices.
Step 3. Place in a bowl and top with thinly sliced onions, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped nuts, and fresh herbs.
Step 4. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat everything.
Add salt if needed and toss to combine.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Let’s talk about serving sizes
The serving size is for 4 people if serving as a main meal, up to six people if serving as a side dish. You can easily eat this salad as a main meal for a healthy lunch. Serve it as is or with a side of bread.
What dishes to serve with Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad
This easy cucumber salad works really well as a side dish with most mains. Try serving it with my:
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Cucumbers aren’t just cooling fresh mouthfuls of crunchy deliciousness. They’re also chocked full of vitamins and minerals and help keep you hydrated. Eating cucumbers may help with digestion, lower blood sugar levels, help keep you hydrated, as well as help with weight loss.
Up to a week if stored properly. If sliced, keep the cucumbers in a sealed container to keep them fresh and crispy.
Yes. Cucumber and onions bring out the best in each other and this easy Asian Cucumber Salad proves just that.
Yes. Although cucumbers are prone to freezing easily because of their high water percentage storing them in the refrigerator is still the best way to keep them healthy for longer.
This cucumber salad comes in at just around 100 calories per serving.
The best Vegan Asian Cucumber Salad
- 2 Cucumbers Sliced
- 4-5 Oil packed Sundried Tomato halves Chopped
- 1 Red Onion Sliced
- 2-3 tbsp Sesame Seeds Toasted
- ½ cup Roasted Peanuts or Almonds Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro or Fresh Basil Chopped
- 2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- ½ tbsp Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, minced garlic, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.
- Cut the ends off the cucumbers and slice them lengthwise down the center. Cut the cucumbers into medium-thin slices. Place in a bowl and top with thinly sliced onions, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped nuts, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat everything.Add salt if needed and toss to combine.Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.Enjoy.