If you’re looking for a quick spicy keto salsa recipe loaded with garlic flavors, creamy tomato sauce, and tender roasted eggplants then you have come to the right place. This vegan salsa sauce is a life-changing low-calorie recipe that goes with everything. And it just so happens to fit the ketogenic diet even though it’s vegan and heart-healthy. Serve it as a dip with tortilla chips, vegetable dippers, slather it in a sandwich, or plop it on your pasta. It’s so good you will want to eat it on everything.Jump to Recipe
The best spicy salsa dip with eggplants is a game-changer. A completely delicious, spicy sauce kind of game-changer that will knock all store-bought salsas out of the park. Think tender, almost creamy roasted eggplants (aubergines for my UK readers) bathed in a garlicky tomato sauce. It doesn’t get much better or quicker than this AMAZING quick salsa dip…oh, and did I mention it’s also vegan? Because it is. It’s so good that several friends have started calling it the best salsa they’ve ever tasted. And I have to agree with them, even if I am a little biased.
Why you’re going to want to make this Mediterranean tomato sauce on repeat
- So savory and rich
- Full of nutrients and delicious flavors
- Healthy and low-calorie
- Vegan eggplant dip that’s as good as any salsa served in Mexican restaurants
- Great served with low carb vegetables, nachos or topped over pasta
- Dippable, scoopable, and completely irresistible healthy eggplant dip
- Meal prep friendly and made with simple ingredients
- A crowd-pleaser vegan savory keto-friendly salsa recipe dip using only natural ingredients
What we’re covering in this easy Mediterranean eggplant salsa dip
- Ingredients for making the best fire roasted tomatoes dip
- Ways to serve spicy Mediterranean tomato dip
- Easy ways to make homemade fire-roasted tomatoes
- How to make the best easy Mediterranean eggplant and tomato sauce
What ingredients do you need to make The best spicy salsa dip sauce
Not a lot. This is one of the easiest recipes for the best keto salsa. If you’re looking for a keto-friendly condiment that’s simple and easy to make and will fit any low-carbohydrate diet then this fresh homemade salsa is just what you need. It’s a jar of salsa made with 7 fresh ingredients that are all easy to get or make. And there’s plenty of substitutions available to make this keto salsa verde your own.
Let’s take a look at what you need to make this tasty perfect for taco tuesday vegan Keto salsa recipe.
- Fire-roasted canned tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- 1 eggplant/aubergine
- Red onion
- Sriracha sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sugar to taste
- Fresh herbs – basil, cilantro, or parsley
Surprise dip with salsa
Think tender roasted to near creaminess eggplants bathed in a garlicky Herby tomato sauce with a small spicy kick. It’s so good, so easy to make, and amazing as salsa or taco dip, or put it on salads, top it on sandwiches, or use it as a super tasty easy pasta or noodle sauce. This dip can do it all.
Maltese eggplant dip that’s a great addition to your favorite keto sauces
We’re talking easy a fully flavored hot sauce homemade keto salsa recipe that’s a good option for weight loss because of it’s natural low carb ingredients and great nutritional value. You can adjust the spiciness to fit your tastebuds. For keto dieters you can eat it with low carb vegetables, low carb chips, low carb tortillas, or add it to your favorite keto burrito bowl or serve it as a traditional salsa or salad dressing. Think tender roasted to near creaminess eggplants bathed in a garlicky Herby tomato sauce with a small spicy kick. It’s so good, so easy to make, and amazing as salsa or taco dip, or put it on salads, top it on sandwiches, or use it as a super tasty easy pasta or noodle sauce. This dip can do it all.
Salsa dip recipe for Nachos – a favorite food low-carb salsa recipe
Sometimes your soul just craves nachos with a delicious salsa dip. You just need an amazing sauce to get you through the week, or months, and that’s exactly what this dip is. It’s a great sauce for dipping, sandwich spreading, taco topping, or dunking and scooping with your crispy nachos, or freshly grilled, or roasted vegetables.
Quick Taco dip with salsa
I shared my take on the Kim Kardashian tacos recipe a short while ago. It’s a great, mouthwatering recipe…the only thing missing from that recipe is this smoky, spicy roasted salsa slathered generously on top. This easy salsa dip is like a deluxe taco dip/salsa combo of delicious proportions.
Ways I like to use this quick vegan salsa dip:
- As a delicious tacos dip
- On noodles
- As an amazing pasta sauce
- Sandwich spread
- Lunch wraps
- Grilled veggies dip
- Summer sauce
How to Make your own roasted tomatoes
Okay, so you want to make your own tomatoes instead of using the super simple canned fire-roasted tomatoes. I hear you and I’ve got your back. There are two ways to go about making your own roasted tomatoes. The first way involves a grill and the second way involves your oven. Choose whichever one works best for you.
Making fire-roasted tomatoes on a grill:
Heat your grill. Clean your tomatoes before carefully setting them on the hot grill. Grill the tomatoes until they begin to lightly char before turning them over to the grill on the other side. Once the tomatoes are grilled on each side, remove them from the grill and set them aside to cool. Your homemade fire-roasted tomatoes are now ready to be used. From this stage, you can add them directly to the food processor along with the roasted eggplants.
Making roasted tomatoes in the oven:
Preheat the oven and place your clean tomatoes on the lined baking sheet along with the eggplants. Roast the eggplant slices and the tomatoes together in the oven until both are grilled on the outside. Remove from the oven and let the vegetables cook a little before continuing. Proceed by adding the eggplants and tomatoes to your food processor and follow the recipe steps going forward.
Let’s dive into the facts of the recipe and how to make this easy vegan tacos dip sauce
How do you make homemade salsa step by step:
- Start by cleaning all your vegetables and preheat the oven or heat the grill.
- Cut the eggplant into 1” slices and brush with olive oil. Place them on a lined baking sheet. Season with smoked paprika and salt.
- Bake or grill the eggplants until they are tender, grilled, and turning golden and lightly crispy at the edges.
- Get out your food processor and add the red onion. Pulse until the red onion is finely chopped. Next, add the roasted eggplants, minced garlic, fire-roasted tomatoes, and seasoning, and pulse until the salsa is still a little chunky.
- Scrape the salsa into a pot and heat to a simmer. Add half of the fresh herbs and let the salsa simmer for a few minutes. Taste test and add more salt, maple syrup, or sriracha if needed.
- Remove from the heat and scrape the salsa into a clean bowl. Stir in the rest of the fresh herbs and enjoy.
What to serve with this tasty Mediterranean spicy salsa dip
Frequently Asked Questions – all your low-calorie keto salsa recipe questions answered
This salsa dip is naturally thick and can be more or less chunky as you prefer. But if you need to thicken the sauce there’s a really easy way to make it happen. Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the salsa when cooking it on the stove to thicken it to a delicious thick sauce. Bring to a boil to make sure you get rid of the cornstarch taste. That’s it. You should have a thick delicious salsa dip.
Salsa can be canned without cooking, just as long as add sufficient acids such as lemon or vinegar to prevent the growth of Clostridium botulinum and production of the potentially fatal C. I prefer cooking my salsa, but you can also make raw canned salsa.
Beefsteak tomatoes or Roma tomatoes work really well in any type of salsa. Generally, any type of meaty tomato variety will work well.
No, not at all. There’s no need to peel tomatoes when making salsa…unless you are using a very thick-skinned tomato variety with a bitter peel.
Adding vinegar to salsa works as natural preservation. To preserve vegetables and salsa you need to add acids such as vinegar, lime, or lemon. This helps prevent the growth of Clostridium botulinum and the production of the potentially fatal Clostridium.
Most people are wondering how long fresh salsa lasts in the fridge – the answer is 3-5 days when stored in a clean mason jar (or mason jars if you’re making a double batch) or container with the lid.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
We would love to know how it turned out! Please let us know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag us @munchyesta
Are you looking for more easy vegan dips and sauce recipes? You might like these
- Roasted red peppers and carrots dip
- The best easy vegan queso dip
- Vegan aioli recipe
- Easy vegan gluten-free edamame hummus
- Creamy vegan peanut sauce
- 5 ingredients amazing bean spread
The best spicy salsa dip with Eggplants (vegan)
- 1 15oz can Fire-Roasted Canned Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Eggplant (Aubergine)
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced or finely chopped
- 1 Red Onion Diced
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha Sauce Depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt More to taste if needed
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or sugar to taste
- 1 cup Fresh Herbs Basil, Cilantro, or Parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven or heat the grill.
- Cut the eggplant into 1” slices and brush with olive oil. Place them on a lined baking sheet. Season with smoked paprika and salt. Bake or grill the eggplants until they are tender, grilled, and turning golden and lightly crispy at the edges.
- Get out your food processor and add the red onion. Pulse until the red onion is finely chopped. Next, add the roasted eggplants, minced garlic, fire-roasted tomatoes, and seasoning, and pulse until the salsa is still a little chunky. Scrape the salsa into a pot and heat to a simmer. Add half of the fresh herbs and let the salsa simmer for a few minutes. Taste test and add more salt, maple syrup, or sriracha if needed.
- Remove from the heat and scrape the salsa into a clean bowl. Stir in the rest of the fresh herbs and serve.Enjoy.