This Colorful Couscous Summer Salad is everything I want my summer to be. It’s bright, beautiful, loaded with vitamins and so incredibly delicious. Get ready for crunchy textures and summer flavors. This salad is filled with summer tastes and textures. Think juicy pomegranates, fresh herbs, soothing cucumber and spicy radishes. It’s like serving summer in a bowl.
Summer is all about soaking up the colors and enjoying all the bounties of mother nature and this easy salad delivers that and then some. Plus, it’s healthy and so incredibly easy to make.
Couscous salad is the ideal lazy chef salad. It looks amazing, but takes almost no time to make.
One of the great things about couscous is the amazing adaptability. You can change colors and flavors just by switching the herbs and veggies you use.
And, of course, my personal favorite thing about couscous is how amazingly easy it is to make. It takes no time to make if you’re using instant couscous and it makes every meal look like a fest.
I like to use my Gyros Spice mix to add extra depth and flavor to my couscous salads. Gyros spice mix is one of my favorite spice mixes and I use it for almost everything. It brings out the best in any veggies with the ideal blend of hot and exotic flavors.
If you don’t have time or don’t want to make your own gyros spice mix, you can use your preferred spice mix or simply add paprika, thyme, oregano and a little curry powder to the couscous.
What’s great about this Colorful Couscous Summer salad with pomegranates:
- It’s so easy and quick to make
- The ideal lazy chef’s side dish
- Loaded with delicious tastes and textures
- Fresh, crunchy and packed with vitamins and minerals
- Vegan and nut free
- Easy to take with you to go
How to serve this Couscous Summer Salad
This couscous can be eaten on its own (I like to eat it as a healthy lunch salad) or it can be served as a side dish with any type of center dish. I like to serve this salad with lentil patties, with meatballs, as a side to burgers or even as a side to my BBQ Kidney Bean Skewers.
You can do not wrong, because the flavors in this easy salad goes well with everything.
How to make fluffy couscous
Pour the dry couscous into a bowl and add olive oil, salt and spices. Carefully piour boiling water over the couscous and cover with a lid. Leave the couscous for 5-10 minutes, until the water has been absorbed.
Once the couscous has absorbed the water, use a fork to fluff the couscous.
Next, add all the cucumbers, sliced radishes, lemon juice and herbs and mix together. Gently stir in the pomergranates and top with a little extra fresh herbs.
Serve as a side dish and enjoy.
Colorful Couscous Summer Salad
For the Couscous
- 1 cup (170g) Dry Instant Cousous
- 1 cup (240ml) Boiling Water
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Gyros Spice Mix or a mix of paprika, thyme, oregano and curry powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Pomegranate Seeds from
- ½ Cucumber Rinsed and Diced
- 7-10 Radishes Sliced
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Mint Leaves Chopped
- Pour the dry couscous into a bowl and add olive oil, salt and spices. Carefully piour boiling water over the couscous and cover with a lid. Leave the couscous for 5-10 minutes, until the water has been absorbed.
- Once the couscous has absorbed the water, use a fork to fluff the couscous.
- Next, add all the cucumbers, sliced radishes, lemon juice and herbs and mix together. Gently stir in the pomergranates and top with a little extra fresh herbs. Serve as a side dish and enjoy.