These Vegan Blueberry Cupcakes are one of my favorite cupcake recipes ever – and they’re all vegan.
This is such a great recipe for summer get togethers, and parties. They can be made in advance and you can easily switch the blueberries for your favorite berry. It works with all types of berries and it’s always a crowd pleaser whenever I make them.
Cupcakes is one of my favoritee cakes. They are easy to make, and the portion sizes makes them so practical – plus these cupcakes also look amazing (and no one ever guesses that they are vegan).
For me, it’s important to make cakes that not only taste and look delicious, but that also pass the “no one would guess these are vegan” test.
There’s nothing better than a wonderful and spongy cake on a warm afternoon. We’re talking delicious, berry filled, sweet and spongy cupcakes that hits all the right spots. The frosting is creamy, cool and buttery and brings out the sweetness in the cake.
I love these cupcakes and I could honestly eat them for breakfast (but I try to control myself).
What’s great about these cupcakes:
- They are so yummy, spongy and loaded with berries
- Delicious and easy to make
- Can be frozen (Works best if you freeze them before decorating with frosting)
- The ideal party cake and also great for bake sales
- Kinda healthy
These delicious vegan blueberry cupcakes are also great for freezing…so you can make a batch and freeze them in case you ever get surprise visitors (the frosting is best when it’s fresh, though).
You can add any fruits or berries you want as a topping.
Vegan Blueberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 0.4 cup Soy Milk
- 1½ cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Margarine
- 1 cup Blueberries
- Juice from ½ Lime
- 1.3 cup Powdered Sugar
- Cupcakes1. Mix together flour, sugar, vanilla powder, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. 2. Peel the banana and pour it into a blender along with the soy milk, blueberries and vegetable oil. 3. Next, pour the banana mix into the flour mixture and stir everything together well, until the dough is smooth.4. Spoon the dough into muffins forms until they are half full. Bake the cakes in the middle of the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.5. Take the cupcakes out and leave them to cool.FrostingBlend together vegetable margaring, with blueberries and lime juice. Add vanilla powder and mix in the powdered sugar little by little, until you reach the desired consistency. Pour the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. Add a few extra blueberries on top.