You will adore this healthy vegan toffee date recipe that creates the ultimate luxe candy treats. It’s a mouthwatering no-bake 5-ingredients easy treat or snack for the holidays. Think healthy crunchy crispy peanut butter balls that will blow your tastebuds away.Jump to Recipe
Imagine melt-in-your-mouth toffee deliciousness meets jelly beans and you know how good these healthy vegan date toffee candy treats are.
For me, winter means curling up on the sofa with a good book and candy…because there’s nothing more cozy and comforting than eating sweets.
Big big flavor, caramelly deliciousness wrapped around dates, and a crunchy salty center of peanut butter. It doesn’t get much better. The smell is phenomenal, and the taste is even better.
They are like a lighter healthier vegan crispy peanut butter balls recipe that will satisfy all your cravings.
What’s great about these healthy vegan toffee date treats:
- Sweet Caramelized deliciousness
- Easy to make
- Satisfies every craving for sweets
- Great healthy snack
- Amazing vegan candy
- Party snack
- Kid-friendly recipe
- Holiday treat
So, let’s get all the nitty-gritty details of these delicious healthy vegan peanut butter date balls.
What ingredients do you need to make vegan peanut butter date balls?
Not a lot. This recipe uses simple ingredients that pack a ton of flavor into the Medjool dates.
All you need for vegan date toffee candy is:
- Medjool dates
- Vegan butter
- Caster sugar
- Glucose syrup
- Peanut butter
- Rice crispies (optional)
Holiday candy hacks:
If you adore the holiday tastes as much as I do, this hack is for you. To add a bit of holiday spice, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon allspice to the toffee while melting. It creates the most amazing holiday aromas in the kitchen, and it tastes phenomenal.
With or without rice crispies?
It’s all up to you. If you like extra crunch in your candy I say add cocoa rice crispies.
Although they aren’t strictly necessary for the recipe, they add a nice extra crunchy texture that I find irresistible. But you can just as easily leave them out of the recipe and simply stick to peanut butter.
Should I use creamy or chunky peanut butter?
Again, that’s up to your personal preference. Because I love a bit of extra crunchy texture in my snacks I always use chunky peanut butter, but creamy works just as well…and I’ll admit that creamy peanut butter is easier to use.
Can I use another type of nut butter in this vegan toffee date recipe?
Yes, absolutely. You can easily substitute the peanut butter with almond butter. It’s just as tasty, creamy, and irresistible. Another option is to use cashew butter or hazelnut butter, or you can completely leave out the stuffing altogether if you prefer or are allergic to nuts.
Healthy date toffee candy (vegan)
- 20 small bamboo skewers
- 20 Medjool Dates Pits removed
- ½ cup (175g) Glucose Syrup
- ½ cup (125g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (220g) Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea salt Crushed
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Creamy or Crunchy
- 1 cup Cocoa Rice Crispies
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter and crushed rice crispies until combined. (If you prefer not using rice crispies just use the peanut butter).
- Remove the pits from the Medjool dates and place them on a baking tray.
- Use a pipe or spoon to stuff the dates with peanut butter in the center. Press the halves together and push a skewer into the end of the dates.
- In a medium saucepan, combine syrup, vegan butter, and sugar and melt the sugar without bringing it to a boil. Once the sugar is melted bring to a boil and let the toffee cook until it’s a light caramel golden color.
- Working quickly, remove the toffee from the heat. Carefully dip the skewered dates into the toffee making sure they are fully coated.
- Place the dates on the lined baking tray and carefully remove the skewers from the dates.
- Sprinkle with finely crushed sea salt while the toffee is still hot.Leave to cool completely. Serve and enjoy.
Are you looking for more easy vegan snacks? Try my:
- Healthy vegan Peanut Butter Banana ice cream snacks
- Crispy Root vegetable Chips
- Fan favorite 5-ingredientd Protein Energy Bites