With flu season and allergy season officially upon us, I decided to share one of my favorite anti-inflammatory green juice recipes. This juice is packed full of good stuff. It’s loaded with vitamins and minerals and is the best way to start any day.
Both the spinach, basil and ginger have great anti-inflammatory properties. This juice is great to reduce astma, allergy, eczema and arthritis symptoms. In this juice you don’t have to use a juicer – you actually want to use all the veggie fibers to help with digestion and help you feel full for longer.
This green juice tastes fresh and zingy thanks to the lemon juice and ginger. And it’s packed with vitamins and minerals that will boost your immune system, help you fight off a cold and allergy symptoms (note: this juice can’t cure or prevent allergies, illnesses or arthritis. But the anti-inflammatory properties of the ingredients have been known to boost the immune system and help reduce symptoms)
What’s great about this Anti-Inflammatory Green Juice recipe:
- It tastes fresh and zingy
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Easy and very quick to make
- Great anti-inflammatory properties
I like to add this juice to my breakfast routine as soon as the weather starts getting colder. For some reason it’s like I’m a germ magnet. If there’s a flu going around, I tend to catch it every time. It’s not just annoying, it also takes a toll on my life when I keep getting sick.
That’s why I decided I need to do something about it. Obviously, my immune system needs a little help, and that’s where I turn to juices. The liquid form makes it easier for the body to use and absorb the vitamins and minerals and thus they work more effectively than if I just ate a piece og fruit.
Getting all the veggies in a juice also makes it much easier to get all the good green stuff we really need. Because it just isn’t appetizing eating ginger in its natural form…but juice it with green veggies and suddenly ginger makes a simple juice so much better.
Anti-Inflammatory Green Juice
- 2 handfuls Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 small bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice or Lime Juice
- ½ inch Fresh Ginger
- 2 cups Cold Water
- Put all the rinsed ingredients into a blender and blend everything together for around 1 minute.
- If you want, you can add a bit of licorice powder, cinnamon or vanilla to change up the taste.For an extra health boost you can add a bit of acai berries, blueberries or matcha tea.